• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Red 2000 NSX (Targa) with 18/19 Matte Grey Nurburgring Wheels

I did a ton of searching to see how these relatively low cost, low weight wheels would look on a Red NSX (Targa). The only car I found to evaluate was black. Due to not being able to find that picture, I thought I would put this post together. The wheels have a few scuffs if noticed but I'll be refinishing by the close of 2013. They are similar to the Acura TL Type S wheels (sort of). There are no spacers and the fitment is really great (IMO perfect). In any case, just for anyone interested in seeing the end result.

These are:
18x7.5 w/45 offset
19x9.5 w/41 offset

NSX-Nurburgring(2013-07-07)1 by michael_lohr, on Flickr

NSX-Nurburgring(2013-07-07)15 by michael_lohr, on Flickr

Now that is a clean, well taken care of formula red! Size and finish of the wheels look great on red too. You have plenty of room for spacers if you decide to widen the stance in the future.

I did a ton of searching to see how these relatively low cost, low weight wheels would look on a Red NSX (Targa). The only car I found to evaluate was black. Due to not being able to find that picture, I thought I would put this post together. The wheels have a few scuffs if noticed but I'll be refinishing by the close of 2013. They are similar to the Acura TL Type S wheels (sort of). There are no spacers and the fitment is really great (IMO perfect). In any case, just for anyone interested in seeing the end result.

These are:
18x7.5 w/45 offset
19x9.5 w/41 offset

NSX-Nurburgring(2013-07-07)1 by michael_lohr, on Flickr

NSX-Nurburgring(2013-07-07)15 by michael_lohr, on Flickr

The wheels look fantastic on a red car. You must be very pleased.
Is the suspension stock height?
What size tires have you fit?
Have you had any issues with the tires rubbing?
I have a '99 and want to replace the stock wheels with 18"/19" wheels, but don't want to change the suspension and don't want issues with the tires rubbing. I am trying to identify the largest size wheel/tires will fit.

To answer a few questions:

Tire size:
215x35ZR18 actually about the same width as stock.
275x30ZR19 frinkin' massive IMO...

The paint on the car was just restored by Larry At AMMO NYC (most of the reason it looks good). Read up through the drive clean channel on YouTube (great stuff and actually my car is featured on the paint thickness episode). Car has just under 50k miles but it has had some repairs so there are a few reprinted panels (sadly although you can't tell without a paint thickness gauge).

The car is lowered on Bilstiens I believe 0.75" front and 1.25" rear. I highly recommend that. I think it looks great and the uneven drop makes the front lip clearance close to the same.

I have only had them on for a day but zero rub issues so far. I think they are clear although its pretty close to the wells (not a steering issue but maybe a big bump but again, I have not had any problem. Stock would only be better.

Spacer wise, I am very much against wheels that stick out beyond the wells (personal choice and to each his own). One reason I like these wheels is that the lip is the farthest point out on the wheel (spokes don't go out etc). This style is not the current fashion but I like it (Advan RS's for example go out some as do the stock version 2 and 3 wheels).

In the end, they are perfect for me. I will be refinishing them (clean up some scuffs). Matte Bronze I think would be cool too but I will probably stay with the matte gray.

Look a tad big, just personal preference. But great design.

If by big you mean diameter, I can see where you are coming from. I originally though 17/18 would be the best. I interpret the difference as this (I will lean into the philosophical side of things....), if you want the eyes draw to the wheels first and then the car, the 18/19 is the option because it consumes part of the car. If you want a bit more focus on the car, I think the the 17/18 is a bit less in your face. That said, I have gotten used to it real quick....

Great looking wheels. I really like the matte gray. My wheels need re-finishing, may do this color. Thanks for the inspiration.

Assuming you avatar is your car, the black on the red is great but I think you lose detail on black wheels. I have had black on other cars and I have always move to the gunmetal or matte gray finish.

....I would kind of like to see matte bronze too...

The 17/18 is nice. I really couldn't say without the two cars together which I like better...

Back