• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Red H

Doesn't sound like an NSX :) Maybe the Civic Type-R, Sept 1 is a big day for Honda announcements...even though the press has leaked a lot.

New Civic Type-R guaranteed.

honda_civic_type_r_01.jpg

That thing is U L G Y!

I don't care if it is fast, it has to look good too! (That's why I have an NSX!)

splitz said:
That thing is U L G Y!

I don't care if it is fast, it has to look good too! (That's why I have an NSX!)

You think so Splitz? I think it looks pretty good honestly... very mean looking and different. I like it.

splitz said:
That thing is U L G Y!

I like the shape of the car but boy that ugly, angry, big frowning face of it really is repulsive.
Steve

Yeah, different it definately is, but it looks like a yellow easter egg :smile:

splitz said:
Yeah, different it definately is, but it looks like a yellow easter egg :smile:

LOL... I don't know why I like it. I just do...

yeah....
since the NSX time....the EG9 time...... it seems to me that Honda has turned into the "shitty" kind of design..

the exceptions:

EK9 - i love this car..
DC2 - although late 90s... it is a early 90s model design ;)
DC5 - very good indeed

the rest of the line...please.... it gets worse every new model

just my humble opinion

Popular Mechanics has a pic of the new convertible Civic reported to come here in '08, based on the above model. I'll have my name on the waiting list.

002003001_543778_1.jpg

002003001_543778_2.jpg

002003001_543778_3.jpg

A tafetta white Type R perhaps? The only thing I like about the concept is the redesigned Type R sticker. That's all.

I want a Fit coupe, lol...

Going by the pics in kilika89's post... if the forthcoming model was 4-door w/ the same overall profile/shape/design, it'd be revolutionary - a home'run for Honda.

Why?

The following models are planned, each going for six-figures and up...

- Porsche Panamera
- Aston Martin Rapide
- Maybach 51 ('baby' saloon ~ gussied-up CLS)

All of these premium marque's designs will feature sloping roofline, aggressive-stance, flare'less front-fenders, hatchback-like rear 1/4, 4-doors but w/ coupe`-like profile, etc'. And their grande entrance wouldn't mean much, as the same shape & design scheme would've been dated due to this iteration of the Civic Type_R - if only so!

Last edited:
It's up...looking through the site's videos and still haven't seen any NSX-Rs....but they have clips with other Type Rs.

Damn...found only one small clip in the archive '92 gallery section (and why they show the most recent NSX-R when you click on '92 is beyond me)

Man, talk about anti-climactic. Am I missing something?

Back