• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

reference for ECU I/O for 97 vs 2000 ?

I recently swapped my 97 engine into my 2000 nsx. Apparently the emmisions systems of these 2 years are diffent as the 2000 has a fresh air intake to "cool" the secondary O2 sensor or something like that. regardless, I used the 2000 wiring harness and ecu with the 97 engine and I am getting emissions related CEL's because the fresh air thing has no hookup on the 97 engine. I tried to swap the 97 ECU because it wouldnt look for the fresh air data but the car would not start. It did turn over, and everything seemed to work but except starting. I would like to compare the 2 ecu input and output pins to find which is different. anyone have a source for this info?
thanks a bunch!
woody

I saw your post about your engine swap problems. I replaced 2000 engine with a 98 and now have same problem as 98 has no secondary air pump but the 2000 ecu expects to detect one. How did you solve your problem?

I used the 97 ecu because they dont look for the air pump

Oh, i had to have a dealer reflash ecu to pair up the security stuff which allowed it to start.... New red key

Back