• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Reliable NSX Repair Shop in Orange County Area

I am new to NSX and am about to acquire a slightly damaged NSX from my nephew. The car will need some bodywork here and there, and may also also require some repair or adjustment (not sure) to the steering system.

Can anyone suggest a good, reliable independent service shop capable of handling NSX in the Orange County, S. Cal, area? Where do most of you guys go for maintainence in this area?

Much thanks,

Welcome aboard.

At the same time, don't forget to use the NSXPrime search function. It can be your friend and savior!! :D Using it, you'll be able to many answers to your questions, just like your one about nearby shops.

In regards to OC area NSX shops, I don't use the following, but they have been recommended by many here countless of times:
  • Autowave in Huntington Beach. 714-841-2433 - ask for Shane
  • Niguel Motors, Laguna Hills, Ramon Quintinita (949) 348-2476

There is also Applied Motorsports in Oceanside, Nick 760-439-0959 if you don't mind traveling a little bit further. Since I'm down in San Diego, I use Applied for my NSX work.

-Randy

Simple....

Tires as needed, oil/filter every 3000 miles, follow the manufactures routine maintenance schedule, and drive, drive, drive.

Make sure you get a good alignment done and then watch the wear pattern on the tires, especially the rear. It helps if you have a tire model that can be remounted and flipped right to left to make them last longer such as the Kumho MX since the rears tend to wear unevenly.

And then just drive it hard.

t

Repair shop in Orange County

I'd suggest that you call Auto Waves in Huntington Beach. They do a lot of stuff with SOS parts and are quite knowledgeable. Shane is the NSX person to speak with. Although they do mechanical and not body work, I'd bet they can point you in the right direction. I recently had them install new rotors, stainless brake lines and lower my '91 with Eibach springs. Work was done on time and done right.
Brian

I took your advises and visited AutoWave. Quite a class act. Although Shane was on vacation, I did spent quite some time talking with Ron, the other partner, about the situation with my X. He was extremely helpful with advises and information. I guess I know where I'll be taking my X for service in the future.

Just curious where do you guys go for quality bodywork and paint job around here? I want to do the repair right but also want to keep all expenses within reason. Any thought on using OEM panels vs. after market parts?

Just spoke to Shane at Autowave, and just wanted to say this guy is great. I told him up front that I was 3000 miles away, got his contact info from this forum, and the likelyhood of me using him was remote. But I did have a burning question that I needed the answer to. Not only was he forth coming, but he really went out his way to explain the details, what I needed to do, gave me contacts for sources, and asked me to call back to see how I made out. Wow. You guys on the West Coast really have tremendious resource. Thank you Shane, next time I'm out there I'll drop by and buy you lunch.

Back