• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Remove Useless stuff.

I was wandering if some one had a write up on what useless stuff to take out of the NSX. I'm mainly looking at all the wires and modules behind the bulkhead located behind the seats. Have any idea on what to take out and not necessary? I dont want to pull out wires if some of them are tied into other vital stuff. Thanks.

I took out the car phone, the CD changer & wiring, and an aftermarket radar detector. Miraculously, everything else still works.

I think this is one of those things where if a wiring diagram looks like Greek to you (and you are not also Greek), it's best to leave everything alone. Even the largest of those modules doesn't actually weigh more than a pound (if that), so the benefit vs. say, your dash lights not working at all, or not having TCS is really trivial.

If you are going to track the car, throw out the stereo, AC, heater, defroster, spare tire, seats, clock, carpets & all other interior trim, the panel covering all that electronics, headliner, engine cover, trunk liner, power window motors, door locks, etc. Probably only need one tail light per side, so 4 bulbs can go. Most on Prime don't like the traction control on the track, so that can go. And a really good track driver probably doesn't need ABS either.:rolleyes:

Pull the leather cover off of the shift knob - more useless weight. If you strip the paint, that will get rid of a few more pounds. Toss out the engine cover, the glass between the passenger compartment and the engine compartment, fancy trim covers on the engine, etc - that's all also useless weight. Replace the battery with the smallest possible needed to keep the electrical system happy, and roll up a larger battery on a cart to start the engine.

I'm sure a lot of the safety stuff can go - air bags, interior door beams, front/rear bumper energy absorbing beams & material, etc. Do you really need turn signals? (But you may have to check with the race organizations rule).

So, almost anything can go. But if you want a nice car for the street, leave everything in place.

You're better off just going on a diet and dropping 10-20lbs yourself and leaving the car alone if you want weight savings for the track without sacrificing comfort for street use. Also, don't go to the track with a full tank of gas.

If we are talking about not topping up, I've heard/done a few other things while chasing cones in "stock" class.

-floor mats out
-vacuum car (spare change adds weight)
-drain washer fluid
-remove tool kit & spare
-eject all CDs/Cassettes/8-tracks & remove from car
-empty glove box save registration & insurance cards
-running shorts/t-shirt/no socks/ <10ounce running shoes
-Wash car at least 5 days prior to an event to make sure any water has a chance to drain.
-high-fiber diet 3 days prior to race
-pre-race BM
-Not sure how slosh-prone the NSX gas tank is, but for autocross my MR2 is at best when the gas light comes on as I pull up for the first run. That's about 1.5 gallons in the tank.

Bm's for amateurs....hows about a little gastric purge:tongue:.Also If you are'nt circumcised.......hmmm.......:eek:

Also If you are'nt circumcised.......hmmm.......:eek:

Pluck your unibrow!
unibrow.jpg

Perhaps the BEST THREAD EVER :biggrin:

Cut your finger nails shorter too.:biggrin:

since we'z on a role...other useless stuff to remove.....appendix,wisdom teeth,12th ribs......now you are hardcore!!

Hilarious! Like the swimmers....shave......everything! :eek:

When I was a wrestler we sometimes had to spit to meet our weight class.
Hint.... take a couple of lemons to the track th help you loose some of those unnecessary fluids.

You guys forgot a few,, defoliate all your skin,, those corns on your feet can def be shaved off,,moles, yukk,, gotta go,, if you dont wanna remove all your teeth like the earlier post then just brush the plaque off with a firm toothbrush,,back to the car,, only use 3 lugnuts on each wheel, take off the CV boots . use duct tape to form a fake boot to hold the greese in,,, windsheild fluid spray nozzles remove and the hoses to, take the fender liners out,, there are 12 bolts that hold on the rear quarter panel,, take out every other one, same for the tail lights there are 9 you only need 2 bolts per lens, the middle lens remove and discard, the door lock actuators, window regulators, rear view mirror,,head liner, all the screws and bold that hold the ECU ABS TCS boxes behind the seats and just let them dangle while you drive, as long as they are still plugged in your good,, can anyone think of anything else??? I would love to see what this car would look like stripped but drivable LOL

You're better off just going on a diet and dropping 10-20lbs yourself and leaving the car alone if you want weight savings for the track without sacrificing comfort for street use. Also, don't go to the track with a full tank of gas.

Ditto.

Wear contacts/eyeglasses? You only need one lens!
Donate blood right before the event; if you can't find a donation center, drain some out yourself. You obviously have too much anyway.

Last edited:
Most people only use 5% of their brains. Might as well scoop out the other 95%. The average human brain weighs about 3 lbs so you would save about 2.85 lbs. ;)

Back