Renaults are rocking F1

Damn, finally, something different happening in F1 for the last five years.

The Renault team is really making a show for themselves having to win the last two races.

And Michael Schumacher in the all famous Ferrari, (you remember him don’t you); he could only manage a 7th place win.

The Toyota team isn’t doing badly either, no are the new Red Bull team.

This really shows that F1 is all about the cars. The driver’s contribution is minimal if he doesn’t have the right gear, Just look at Schumacher and Button.

Too bad about the BAR team, but I guess they disserve it for dropkicking their last year’s team boss after all that he’s done for them.

This year’s F1 season should be interesting.

Season is going just as anticipated...

cmhs75 said:
Damn, finally, something different happening in F1 for the last five years.

The Renault team is really making a show for themselves having to win the last two races.

And Michael Schumacher in the all famous Ferrari, (you remember him don’t you); he could only manage a 7th place win.

This really shows that F1 is all about the cars. The driver’s contribution is minimal if he doesn’t have the right gear, Just look at Schumacher and Button.

Too bad about the BAR team, but I guess they disserve it for dropkicking their last year’s team boss after all that he’s done for them.

This year’s F1 season should be interesting.

hmmm... Interesting, but incredibly myopic & baseless!

I guess you slepty through the 2003 season? It was one of the most exhilarating & exciting seasons in recent memory.

As far as M.Schumacher "only" managing a 7th place position upon conclusion of the race... HELLO?!? He started 14th on the grid. It's amazing in itself that w/ such mediocre pace through qualifying & testing, he finished in the top 8. :rolleyes:

Ditto for J.Button. In nearly 3 laps, he was manuevering rather well, showing the car's potential as well as his talents/skills. Making moves in the opening laps to improve your position is usually indicative of how the race will go, sadly we missed out on what could've been something exciting to watch! :frown:

As far as B.A.R.'s misfortunes this year, what does the head of the team have to do w/ it? They are using a new powerplant that has marginal reliability due to insufficient test & prooving time. The engineers are the ones who are culpable, not the figurehead who is more involved w/ marketing, promoting, macro-managing the image of "B.A.R. Honda". :cool:

If you don't like Scuderia & M.Schumacher, just come out and say that... but don't make incorrect inferences about Ferrari, F1, and B.A.R.'s sudden fall from the pace.

I dont like Schumacher because he is a ferrari fan boy. :D :D :D

How did Raikonnen place? I might need to give <B>Dippy</B> a call if kimmy placed after Schumacher. :p

I was going to post at the race report forum, but someone already started...

With Ferrari and Schmi being so undefeatable in last 7 years... I'm just wondering if they are pacing out themselves in these 2 opener races... You know, like preserving tires and race gas in the race. You see, if Schmi and Barrichello won 1-2 in the first two races... Everyone in the world except those living in Italy will cry again... then it will be rules changed unfavored to Ferrari, then they have to plunge more money to remain competitive ..etc etc. I can see they using these opening races to evaluate and getting valuable information from the opponents.

Instead, now they just let the other teams fought each other, then Ferrari just pace themselves targeting the teams that seems to have an edge... In that case, yes the 05 season should be more interesting while i have no doubt, no doubt that Schmi will still be finishing at the top. (or Barrichello, in case that Schmacher wants to take a back seat and thanks his teammate for the long time support.)

Remember Racing can be very easy if you have:
Enough Money= Best Car+Best Driver+Best Crew+Best Design Team
Heritage= Best Strategy+Best bargaining power to F1 chef+Experience.
That in turn brings Ferrari more money(sponsors)
Ferrair's on the Viscous circle by its own................................Thus the death of F1!!!

My guessing on Ferrari intentionally being an underdog seems more explanable, than say, because of the new changes, Ferrari all the sudden became less competitive.

I would guess that Ferrari being so beatable at this point is mostly due to two things that's not really being talked about in this thread. One is that Ferrari is still using their 2004 car while most of the other teams are already on their 2005 design (it's said that their 2005 car should be ready in another race or two). The second is due to Ferrari using Bridgestone tires while everyone else is on Michelin tires. Michelin has racked up more than twice the testing miles as Bridgestone, so that part can't be overlooked considering how important tire design is, especially this season with the new rules.

If you critise a team over one race you do not really know much about Formula 1, I'm sorry. The reason why Ferrari are doing badly is that the new tyres are letting them down, plus they are totally devoted to their new car, just give him a chance. When the new car arrives with all the latest regulations taken into account they will be strong.

But my biggest hope Kimi is also in a very fast car look at his fatest lap. He will will it all this year just wait and see. Osiris is right this year is lloking like another 2003 which was the best season full stop except Kimi didn't win the Championship.

Here is to Ferrari building a better car so the racing can only get better. GO McLaren. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Just remember these fly away events are not really consistent with the rest of the season. Wait until you get to the middle of the season before you say anything about the teams. Very fickle sport Formula 1.

na14yu said:
I would guess that Ferrari being so beatable at this point is mostly due to two things that's not really being talked about in this thread. One is that Ferrari is still using their 2004 car while most of the other teams are already on their 2005 design (it's said that their 2005 car should be ready in another race or two). The second is due to Ferrari using Bridgestone tires while everyone else is on Michelin tires. .

This is going to be scary,

NSXDreamer2 said:
With Ferrari and Schmi being so undefeatable in last 7 years... I'm just wondering if they are pacing out themselves in these 2 opener races... .

I don't think Ferrari would ever do that, they are way too carefull about thier points, do you remember the time when they forced Barechillo to let Schumi pass him and they were in the middle of the season. I think they really did loss in the last two races. But I guess we need to see what happens when the ne Ferrari car comes out.

Re: Season is going just as anticipated...

Osiris_x11 said:

As far as M.Schumacher "only" managing a 7th place position upon conclusion of the race... HELLO?!? He started 14th on the grid. It's amazing in itself that w/ such mediocre pace through qualifying & testing, he finished in the top 8. :rolleyes:

Ditto for J.Button. In nearly 3 laps, he was manuevering rather well, showing the car's potential as well as his talents/skills. Making moves in the opening laps to improve your position is usually indicative of how the race will go, sadly we missed out on what could've been something exciting to watch! :frown:

If you don't like Scuderia & M.Schumacher, just come out and say that... but don't make incorrect inferences about Ferrari, F1, and B.A.R.'s sudden fall from the pace.

what was M.Schumacher, doing in 14th postion in the first place? and about BAR, Button himself was commenting that they managed a step back in everything they gained last year. and two BAR's out of the race, does not reflect well at all. My information, at least for now, is correct, Ferrari and BAR did suddenly fall from thier pace of last year

oh, and "I don't like Schmi" I never did try to make a secret of that, but I do like the Scuderia team a whole lot.

dippy9 said:
If you critise a team over one race you do not really know much about Formula 1, I'm sorry. The reason why Ferrari are doing badly is that the new tyres are letting them down, plus they are totally devoted to their new car, just give him a chance. When the new car arrives with all the latest regulations taken into account they will be strong.

But my biggest hope Kimi is also in a very fast car look at his fatest lap. He will will it all this year just wait and see. Osiris is right this year is lloking like another 2003 which was the best season full stop except Kimi didn't win the Championship.

Here is to Ferrari building a better car so the racing can only get better. GO McLaren. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Just remember these fly away events are not really consistent with the rest of the season. Wait until you get to the middle of the season before you say anything about the teams. Very fickle sport Formula 1.

That's EXACTLY what I was going to say. :D I totally agree with you Dippy! ;) :D :D :D

Minardi will win it all, don't worry... (lmao)

cmhs75 said:

hmmm... To be concise, Ferrari is using their 2004 car still (as mentioned above by na14yu, the Bridgestone tyre selection has been their achilles (nowhere as proven as the rival Michelins), and there is often an adjustment period for the front-runner/favourite when there are modifications to the format/rules (ie. 1engine-2races, refueling, permitted tyre changes, etc) as underdogs generally are usually more innovative & primed towards newer regulations. No excuses here, Renault is putting out a better total package thus far. :redface:

And as far as B.A.R. being sub-par, it's seriously attributable to one reason first and foremost: the engine development hasn't measured upto expectations. I mean what can be more eye-opening than near simultaneous catastraphic engine failures (literally seconds apart on the same lap). LOL, this time we all can't even blame T.Sato! :tongue: In the winter (Jan-Feb) it was widely known that it wasn't the same B.A.R. team as last year as they struggled greatly in testing, and the Renaults were generally praised & slated to be true contenders this year based on their offseason testing/development. So far things are going as predicted, to be honest.

I personally still feel once the engine problems are worked out & reliability isn't an issue, the B.A.R. Honda car will be all that & then some... :biggrin:

Mr.Wolf said:
I will not pretend to know anything about formula one, however gentlemen, I do know that 'B.A.R Honda' should change their name to 'B.R.A Honda'. Because we all know anything with a BRA is bound to 'score' sooner or later. :D

Good day to you all gentlemen. :D

LOL Mr.Wolf... :biggrin:

However I hate to point out that B.A.R. actually is an abreviation of British American Racing... So by deduction, changing their name to B.R.A would mean a similar name change of the team to... British Racing (in) America ??? :biggrin:

Mr.Wolf said:
I will not pretend to know anything about formula one, however gentlemen, I do know that 'B.A.R Honda' should change their name to 'B.R.A Honda'. Because we all know anything with a BRA is bound to 'score' sooner or later. :D

Good day to you all gentlemen. :D

LOL,

Gold medal for comedy

you're Good man, real good

I saw the BAR go BOOM in one lap and kept thinking of Mila jalinovich(sp) in the 5th element. BOOM, BIG BADDABOOOM

Back