• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Replacement of O2 Sensors

Soe does nobody know if the NTK 24172 listed above would work for the Bank 1 Sensor 2? I have the P0141 error code and am looking for a generic replacement.

Good old P0141, My 2000 NSX lit up the check engine on previous saturday. I have an extended warranty so took it to the dealer - $500 for the secondary sensor replacement. Took 2 days since they did not have the part.

What really toasted me is that they did not have any NSXs for loaners. The indignity! The shame. Had to settle for a piece of crap TL. Almost had 3 accidents playing with the navigation system :biggrin:

Are the only difference in the front and rear sensors the length of the cable in 95+ cars?

According to Denso (link is in one of the DIY threads), their "splice-in" version is the same for all 4 sensors in my '96. They also make a specific sensor for each location that is a direct OEM replacement with exact length leads and the correct connector. In all cases they are less than half the Acura price.

Frank
96 NSX-T, red/tan

Larry I need your opinion,

I just replaced the two O2 sensors on my 1993 NSX. The following two CEL codes remain before and after the replacement.

CEL = 12 TCS = 31 show at the same time when using the connector. Remove the connector and drive the engine cold... CEL comes on and stays on until I restart the motor. With the engine hot, no codes at all are shown. Attach the connector when hot...I get the 12/31 codes..

What would you say is the fix to these problems?

Back