• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Replacing Bridgestone SO2

My SO2’s are from 2002 and need replacement. I currently have 215/40/-17 on front and 255/35-18 on rear. I’ve been told they don’t make the 215 in SO4’s.

Tire rack gas Pirelli P Zero Nero and Yokohama V701 and AD08.

Looking for recommendations. I drive only in dry and never track the car.

Thanks for the help!!

Ed

I usually use the testimonials on tire rack...ZIII are fine for any warm weather street use...like many performance tires they actually get louder and increase nvh as they wear down...

I have the AD08R on my 1994 and they are a very good dry weather tire. I've also tracked my car with these tires and was impressed with the grip and communicative nature of the tire. I had the Dunlop ZIII on my 1990 M3 and was similarly impressed with these as well. As with the AD08R, the ZIII has great grip and let's you know as you approach the point of no adhesion. Both tires are very predictable when pushed hard.

The other tire I would (seriously) consider is the Advan A052. While I don't have any experience with these, the reviews I have read were very positive and ranked it right up there with the Bridgestone RE-71R which is the defacto standard for 200 wear rated tires.

Back