• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Replacing Burned Out Dash Light

I have a burned out instrument panel light so I opened up the dash to get to replace it. After all the effort to get there I decided I'm going to replace them all in hopes of not going through that again anytime soon.

Anyway, I found 3 large bulbs, 2 medium sized (they were the ones burned out) and 16 small ones (one for each warning light). PepBoys identified the large and small ones on their computer as 168s amd 74s respectively and didn' have anything for medium sided. When I got home I found that the small ones were not quite the same shape and didn't fit right in the sockets. Under closer examination there is some faint text on the small and large bulbs.

Can anyone confirm, deny or clarify the following:
(3) Large Bulbs 158
(2) Medium Bulbs ????
(16) Small Bulbs 80

Thanks,
Todd

I have a bunch extra lying around somewhere. They are yours for shipping. Private me.

Regards,
-- Chris

------------------
Revolutionize your NSX with ScienceofSpeed
www.ScienceofSpeed.com | [email protected] | 877-863-4520

Thanks for the link. They are standard bulbs, but figuring out which sizes has been more of a challenge than I expected. I had been trying auto parts stores, but never thought to try radio shack as the linked message recommends.

I sent Chris and e-mail, that was a VERY nice offer.

Thanks again,
Todd

For the archives...after searching high and low it seems that the large bulbs are standard #158s (not 168 as the "book/computer" that most shops reference) The small ones aren't 74s as the "book/computer" listed and the other 2 numbers in the book must been for something else since they were not close to any dash lights.

I wound up going to the dealer for them where they came with the sockets too for $10 for the medium and $6 for the small ones.

Back