• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Replacing my stock exhaust with Pride/V2...Should I keep my stock exhaust for resale?

Getting my V2 installed tomorrow (hopefully) normally I would keep the stock exhaust for resale time but I don't have room for it. My garage is full with cars, 12 extra wheels/tires and ice hockey equipment.

I don't want to keep the exhaust in my finished basement.

My NSX is a 1995 with 61k miles.

Should I keep the stock exhaust for resale or is it no big deal to get rid of it?

Thanks

You can try to sell it OR just give it away. If you ever wanted to resale your NSX it shouldn't be a problem if you have the stock exhaust or not and I think it would be even better if the new owner knew that it have a Pride exhaust on there. One less thing for the new owner to worry about is getting a new nice exhaust system :wink:. I threw mines away. It was just taking up to much space in the garage :biggrin:!

Give it to me,anything NSX has a place always in my garage for life :)

Getting my V2 installed tomorrow (hopefully) normally I would keep the stock exhaust for resale time but I don't have room for it. My garage is full with cars, 12 extra wheels/tires and ice hockey equipment.

I don't want to keep the exhaust in my finished basement.

My NSX is a 1995 with 61k miles.

Should I keep the stock exhaust for resale or is it no big deal to get rid of it?

Thanks

If you have a targa, keep the OEM exhaust because you may experience the bad drone many targa ownwers have reported.

store it ,having the ability to return to stock is more valuable than mods. I sold a original 69 corvette to get my NSX,the only part I changed was the rear leaf springs.I sold it for above market value because it was stock ,the new owner wanted the original springs which I had. An original,unmolested vehicle is ALWAYS worth more money === end of story :wink:

Unmolested is such a strong word. I would call it enhancing lol. As for exhaust, if you don't have room, you can always buy another for 100 bucks prob. And the drone of the pride v2, if you don't like f1 sound, don't get it lol.

+1 on Ralph...If it's original to the car it's probably better to keep it.You can replace a part, but you can never get the one back that is native to the car. In the long run, if you ever sell, you'll get more than the couple hunderd bucks that the thing is worth anyway....

From my experience the most commonly performed modification on any car will result in the OEM part being the most valuble in time, keep all STD parts!!!
Over time those OEM parts end up in the tip, the least valued part often becomes the most valuable when it comes to restoring a classic.

Back