• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Replacing the Ashtray with a storage area???

I've searched and only found custom solutions where people replaced the ashtray with custom gauge clusters, etc.

I'm wondering if there is, or has anyone thought of making an aftermarket replacement for the ashtray that is simply a shelf behind the door.
Somewhere you could put your sunglasses, wallet, radar detector, etc, etc.

I looked around for something like that a while ago -- found nothing. I don't smoke, and no one smokes in my car, so the lighter and ash tray are useless. Some kind of tasteful mod for that would be nice...

I looked around for something like that a while ago -- found nothing. I don't smoke, and no one smokes in my car, so the lighter and ash tray are useless. Some kind of tasteful mod for that would be nice...

I just pulled the little "ashtray cup" thingy out. I keep change and business cards in there. With the ashtray cup thingy in there, I couldn't get change out.

It's really only big enough for a cell phone. I don't think glasses would fit too well, and certainly the door wouldn't close.

I removed the ash tray and made a little plastic box to put in it's place. (made from that satin black plastic for surrounding stereo inserts). I was thinking of lining it with felt, but have just left it as is.

Probably easier just by using a OEM Navi Pod.

Back