• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

reprograming factory remote for 94

just bought the car
prev. owner said that batteries are low and need replacing
replaced batteries and still the remote door lock doesn't work
dealer said that it needs to be reprogrammed and they need the car for at least 30 min.
i don't feel like leaving it at the dealer just for this purpose
can this be done at home? much like the homelink system in your car and the garage door opener??

any inputs will be very appreciated

thanks

Jon

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that you could not reprogram the remotes for the later keyless entry (94 up). I am thinking that your remote is dead. If so, you will need to get the number off of the module under the glove box and give it to Acura to have them order you a new remote.

I saw a post somewhere on reprogramming - someone claimed they succeeded by opening up the receiver and using the programming jumper located inside, in combination with starting the car with the key. I can't locate the message any more...

My dealer said my car needed a new receiver when the fuse behind the glove box attached to the receiver was all that was wrong with it.

Does the light on the remote work?

Tried the procedure on my 95 NSX last weekend, but no luck. Directions were a little sketchy. I used a jumper as noted, but did not maintain contact throughout the re-programming procedure. Could that be the cause? (Oh BTW, the batteries in the remote are fresh.)

Has anyone else had success with this DIY? I hate to start the dealership process as I have my doubts it will work the first time, and the end result with be many $$$.

Also, the previous owner had a Clifford alarm installed that was integrated in the stock security system. Any opinions as to whether going to a local car audio shop to look at the Clifford alarm would be a better next step?

Shaun

Shaun Ray said:
I used a jumper as noted, but did not maintain contact throughout the re-programming procedure. Could that be the cause?

No, you don't have to maintain jumper contact throughout the procedure. The easiest thing to forget is to have all the alarmed entry areas (doors, trunk, hood, and maybe engine compartment) closed. If you'd like, PM me and I'll give you my phone number, though I make no promises about actually getting it to work :)

Daniele was very kind to call me and go over the procedure. Sounds like I did everything right but with no success. After reading that Joseph also had success, I feel urged to try again this weekend.

A big thanks to Daniele for taking time to call me.

Shaun
95 NSX-T Green/Tan

Back