• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Revived My Kenisis Wheels

I bought my NSX with original circa 1991 Wheels made by Kenisis, they were 3pc lightweight wheels front was 17X8 and 14lbs and rear was 18X10 1/2 and 16 lbs they were plain aluminum silver, when I first got the car I took them off and bought a set of Weds Sport SA90, I was not that happy with a 9 1/2 wheel so I decided to revive my old Kenisis, I had them Powder Coated Satin Black and placed a Red edge on them and they look a lot better than the WedSports and with the wide 10 1/2 " rear wheels that I want, here are some before and after photos and how they look on my car.
IMG_9027.jpg

Attachments

• IMAGE_001.jpg
    IMAGE_001.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 87
  • IMAGE_002.jpg
    IMAGE_002.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 132
  • IMAGE_003.jpg
    IMAGE_003.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_9025.jpg
    IMG_9025.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_9024.jpg
    IMG_9024.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Deff makes the car look aggressive. If I had a Black Car, I'd do it!

Yeah that car looks pretty hard. I'd toss some cross drilled rotors in there. That would look good. I almost wish they had a polished lip on them, it's all just SO MUCH black. But It does look good. :wink:

Here are some photos showing the cross drilled and slotted rotors , they are zinc plated too so no nasty rusty stuff when its raining. Photo of the rear tires does not give the same same effect as actually seeing it but they are wide 10 1/2" wide does not look like it on the pics, oh well....

100_09821.JPG

100_0983.JPG

IMG_9024.jpg

Attachments

• 100_0982.jpg
    100_0982.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 100_0985.jpg
    100_0985.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 100_0980.jpg
    100_0980.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 66
  • 100_0988.jpg
    100_0988.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 100_0978.jpg
    100_0978.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
I have had this concept from the past 3 years, had the same style done on my Silver Z3, had a Yellow Turbo Miata with Black wheels w/ yellow edge and this NSX I have had since early last year and I had this done in black w/ red edge, besides my Kenisis wheels were so old school , originally made in the 90's and painting it this style kinda made it updated dont you think. That Time Attack concept being identified with black rims with red edge was just recent when Volk Racing Wheels had their version of this style, RalliArt was even ahead of them with this style and it was never identified as "TIME ATTACK WHEELS" the real originators of doing this style of black painted wheels with colored edges are the european tuners like RUf, 9ff, Strosek etc and it seems the Japs are catching on with this concept lately. As far as I'm concerned it looks good on my black NSX and I dont always have to clean the wheels when its dirty after driving it hehehehe.....

looks good...

not a big fan of the wheels and time attacks are kinda played out but nice job nonetheless

I bought my NSX with original circa 1991 Wheels made by Kenisis, they were 3pc lightweight wheels front was 17X8 and 14lbs and rear was 18X10 1/2 and 16 lbs they were plain aluminum silver, when I first got the car I took them off and bought a set of Weds Sport SA90, I was not that happy with a 9 1/2 wheel so I decided to revive my old Kenisis, I had them Powder Coated Satin Black and placed a Red edge on them and they look a lot better than the WedSports and with the wide 10 1/2 " rear wheels that I want, here are some before and after photos and how they look on my car.

The offset of the rear wheel is probably not right. with 10.5 in, I would think that they would sit flush with the rear fenders....

You probably have rubbing issues on the inside.

what are the offsets for both? do you have the stock calipers? running spacers?

Lower it........:rolleyes:

It is lowered with H&R springs went down about 1.75" and the progressive springs rides really nice, runs like stock with normal driving, gets hard only when driven hard, used to have the stock springs on Bilstien shocks when I first bought the car and it rode kinda stiff even during normal driving on paved streets, but now the difference is great with the H&R springs.

Lower it........:rolleyes:

Sorry I dont know the offsets, I bought this car with the wheels already in it I just revived it by having them powder coated and pinstriped, I do not have any spacers and yes I do have stock calipers, I did weigh the wheels when we unmounted them for powder coating and they are really light, the 17X8 was only 14 lbs and the 18X10 1/2 was 16 lbs.

what are the offsets for both? do you have the stock calipers? running spacers?

Not a bad look, I'd send them out an get them professionally done. Let them clearcoat them for a glossy finish. They'll look much better and lot easier to clean. I just had my CE-28's done and its night and day. Also might want to invest in some H & R spacers for the rear. :wink:

What was the exact colour, brand and number of the powdercoat used.
I agree on the clear coat needing to be added.
Thanks
Trev

It was professionally done and I specifically ordered them to have it powder coated SATIN BLACK which means NOT glossy and NOT flat, I dont have problems with brake dust since the HAwk pads do not eject so much dust like most pads do. I am having another set of wheels done, and I am having them powder coated GLOSS black, with a yellow edge stirpe this time, they are the Enkei RPF1 lightweight wheels, will post some pics once they are done.

Not a bad look, I'd send them out an get them professionally done. Let them clearcoat them for a glossy finish. They'll look much better and lot easier to clean. I just had my CE-28's done and its night and day. Also might want to invest in some H & R spacers for the rear. :wink:

Real clean man!.... Keep them satin black, they look outstanding in that form. To many folks with glossy wheels out there, satin is definitely the way to go on a black X.... I might do a flat green on my nt03's soon.

Back