• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

rick's (s4play) nsx for sale?

I look at it this way, price the car to be whatever you like, the market will usually determine the value of the car even if it's rare it's not like it's the only 04-05 NSX around regardless of color. It just happens to be white. Why white receives a premium is nuts to me, but then again I like black. There is always the chance someone is willing to pay a premium if it's the right car for them. I don't blame him for doing this, although it will likely be a while before it's sold is my guess.

That 2000 coupe that was for sale in the classifieds for $60k just sold. I'd say s4plays car is just as rare. It's all about supply and demand like turbo mentioned above :)

truth.

I am amazed at the number of people who say they would pay these prices "if they had the money" and yet sales at these prices are virtually non-existent.

i believe the ONLY documented case of a unicorn 2002+ nsx that sold at that price range in the past 2 years; was the black one with 50 miles or so that went for 85k in china.

both imola and white are beautiful and desired nsx colors, i would expect the prices for them with similar unicorn-ish (under 20,000 miles) milaege/condition to be .... similar; NOT the white one being 20 grand more then the imola.

ultimately this is all hearsay between everyone; only time will dictate the truth and answers to everyone's OPINION's when a real buyer steps up; and at what price.

Last edited:
Not trolling, but s4play's white NSX is $10k over said Imola Orange NSX (which is my favorite color, btw). I'm quite confident that the pearl/metallic colors cost much more to manufacture and paint than white. My point was, high $60k for low-mileage Imola Orange, meh, I can see that happening. $90k for a white NSX? You gotta be on the white stuff called crack to make sense of it.

You sound like Mr.NSX3.0. You young-P, and you never had NSX before.

I hope he gets his asking too... Though i believe he is reaching there is still a market for the car. I wouldnt mind asking same money when i get ready to sell.

truth.

i believe the ONLY documented case of a unicorn 2002+ nsx that sold at that price range in the past 2 years; was the black one with 50 miles or so that went to china.

Nope. There was the 2005 Imola Orange Pearl/Onyx interior car with 50 miles that I almost bought (I was second caller to the buyer) and it sold for $89,995 - full list!

Nope. There was the 2005 Imola Orange Pearl/Onyx interior car with 50 miles that I almost bought (I was second caller to the buyer) and it sold for $89,995 - full list!

that car from PA sold? where did it go? or was this the third/missing 05 IOP/Onyx?

I Stand corrected. At 50 miles, an Nsx rightfully deserves to be at brand new pricing since it is ...... Brand new.

Last edited:
Then the ads he posted here and on flea bay are misleading. If he had no intention of getting even close to 85k, then why list if for that price?

i could be wrong but i never think it did sell for 42k... i've seen it happen more then once on ebay whether the buyers don't have the cash that they bid for the car on; and/or the seller plays games via getting their friend's accounts to inflate the prices (that horrific red 95/96 thats been 'on sale' for a few years comes to mind).

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/3483414059.html

If he didn't sell it at the no reserve flea bay auction then he is not going to be permitted to relist it here. Flea bay said it was sold so if he is playing games he can use other markets rather than prime.

Using ebay in the past and knowing how it has been more recently... I would not be suprised if the buyer flaked. On ebay anymore... 100% of the time buyers are always in power. People bid (or always claim it was their son, cousin, father, dog, or god knows who else) use their account and win an item. They very rarely actually follow through anymore when it comes to vehicles and are able to leave negative feedback for sellers whereas sellers can no longer leave deadbeat bidders negative.

Maybe it was friends accounts, but if that were the case I'd highly doubt they would have let it end for 42k.

i could be wrong but i never think it did sell for 42k... i've seen it happen more then once on ebay whether the buyers don't have the cash that they bid for the car on; and/or the seller plays games via getting their friend's accounts to inflate the prices (that horrific red 95/96 thats been 'on sale' for a few years comes to mind).

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/3483414059.html

Another forum member pointed me to this thread since I am so busy these days, thanks Chris :)

I NEVER listed my nsx on Ebay so if you saw it there it's either fake or someone else.

The Autotrader ad is mine and I am not 100% I wanted to sell it so I put it there for a feeler first (hence I didn't list it here).

I got quite a few calls and have decided to keep it in the family (my brother will be taking it). So thanks for the publicity but it's no longer for sale. Yes I still plan to get a GTR since with 2 kids I REALLY need back seats right now at this point in my life. I racked up maybe 800 miles in 2012 and even less in 2011 so as much as it pains me to even think about selling, I need to get my priorities straight. My brother is also a big car guy so you may see him around here and I can still drive it once in a while :)

P.S. I'm not going anywhere since I'm a paid vendor and will still be very active on this site as many of you guys are like an extended family to me.

Cheers!

Which car? There were two Imola's for sale recently...dc935's 02 which sold and presently there's another 02 for sale on www.6speedonline.com

The 2005 Onyx car is sitting in a warehouse and there's a thread on it I believe.

you had said you just missed on a 50 mile car... was wondering if its the one in PA (the thread referenced) or the third 05 IOP/Onyx that is out there somewhere.

i didnt know wesley ( i believe that was his name) is selling his car/Carrots too.. i knew paul was but just not the other. (but they both were orange interior cars)

Yo Rick! Your brother is selling the NSX!! :eek:Buy it back from him :biggrin:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...][]]&listingId=336211752&listingIndex=2&Log=0

Roger has a good idea!!! since you continue to mod/upgrade what is now your brothers NSX, like recently adding the big wing. And with your plans to add more mods like, new wheels, DF CF side splitters and a new front lip, you might as well buy back the NSX from your brother.

I need to send my brother to your shop so you can teach how to be a generous brother, cause I would like some new parts too :biggrin:

Mike

87g's...ouch...as a fellow GPW owner I hope someone pays him his asking price.. But in all honesty it may end up being another "Tabasco" car.
but it's his car and his asking price so it's his prerogative

LOL you guys crack me up. That ad has been on autotrader for a long long time... it even has like 10k+ views :biggrin:

I'm confused. Why are people saying its his brothers car?

I'm confused. Why are people saying its his brothers car?

[/I got quite a few calls and have decided to keep it in the family (my brother will be taking it). So thanks for the publicity but it's no longer for sale. Yes I still plan to get a GTR since with 2 kids I REALLY need back seats right now at this point in my life. I racked up maybe 800 miles in 2012 and even less in 2011 so as much as it pains me to even think about selling, I need to get my priorities straight. My brother is also a big car guy so you may see him around here and I can still drive it once in a while

Last edited:
Oh weird I thought he ended up just keeping it. Its still at his place and he continues to mod it. He even posted asking what wheels he should get to compliment the wing. Pretty sure its still his lol

Either way she's a beaut!!

I think we should all post for sale ads at high prices and hope it raises the car value. LOL

Hey it might have an affect. I will list mine at $130K. Because well... I don't really wanna sell it but if you wanna give me $130... I will.

Back