• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"Ride the Rockies" - Colorado

Hey everyone...I think we're getting confused here...We've been talking about two events...

1. a couple of guys are heading up to Estes Park (primarily cause the RTR drive fell through)

2. and then there is this supercar meet...

"We are having a CO3S/Super Sports Car Gathering on Aug 27th. We are going to meet at the Park and Ride on 120th and I-25 at 10:00am and then leave for a cruise at around noon. A map will be given at the time of the gathering."

Both sound fun...cool to have a choice...I just wanted to clarify since two NSX events on one day is HUGE for Colorado :biggrin:

All of the details are in this thread for either event...

Off the subject, but if anyone is out and about Labor Day weekend Pikes Peak Motorsports will be racing our NSX both saturday and sunday around 3:00. So if anyone is in the area stop by and say hi. BTW there is no entry fee to watch. Plus beer and music after the race on saturday.

WillErickson said:
I'm in for the Estes park drive from el rancho, to clarify.

Me too.

WillErickson said:
Craig, is Jeff Brand still around?
Will

I've been out of touch for a while. He's on the NSXCO list, and his email isn't bouncing (so he should have a link to this thread), but that's about all I know. I've got another email address for him, which I'll also send an email to.

- Craig

Last edited:
Hi again,

I don’t believe I’ve met anyone yet so I’m just hanging back until something is finalized. I live about 3 blocks from the Grocery Warehouse so I’m there about every Saturday. It is a great show for an unofficial, bring what ya got, car show. There are a lot of nice cars that show up all the time.

I think I would like doing the Estes Park run on the 27th if it is still happening. I need to be back in the Springs by 5:00 for my fantasy football draft, but that should not be a problem if we leave on time.

If I have time I’ll try to meet the rest of you at the Warehouse.

I would also be up for a September drive, or one of the weekends when all the aspen are changing.

Please post again if the Estes Park run is definite.

Dave

Good to hear from you, Cal!!! Hope all is well. Remember waiting in that Park and Ride for 3 hours last year?? At least we had some good conversation! Hope to see you soon.

Chris

We are still on for leaving the parking lot at El Rancho at 10:00 a.m. next Saturday, good to see we will have some company. If you have a radio, please do not forget to bring it.

Hi guys, I live in Littleton, I was making sure you guys know about the Super Car Gathering, this year should be much bigger then last years.. You all should come

Doc C said:
Good to hear from you, Cal!!! Hope all is well. Remember waiting in that Park and Ride for 3 hours last year?? At least we had some good conversation! Hope to see you soon.

Chris

Hey Chris, I do remember waiting forever to get started. Are you bringing your wife this time? I'm thinking about trying to get mine to come this time (long shot).

I'm looking forward to seeing you there.

Cal

mmmikemo said:
Hey everyone...I think we're getting confused here...We've been talking about two events...

1. a couple of guys are heading up to Estes Park (primarily cause the RTR drive fell through)

2. and then there is this supercar meet...

"We are having a CO3S/Super Sports Car Gathering on Aug 27th. We are going to meet at the Park and Ride on 120th and I-25 at 10:00am and then leave for a cruise at around noon. A map will be given at the time of the gathering."

Both sound fun...cool to have a choice...I just wanted to clarify since two NSX events on one day is HUGE for Colorado :biggrin:

All of the details are in this thread for either event...

Where is El Rancho? Which event is everyone going to? I'd hate to miss everyone by going to the wrong place. The supercar meet was fun and it was neat to see all of the other cars and it was very fun talking to all the other NSX owners. I'm up for either.

Ah, the confusion reigns supreme :smile:

I think it would be nice if we all went to the same event - I haven't seen more than 5 NSXes in one place in a long time.

I vote for the supercar meet because:

1) It is an anual event held each August

2) It can't be moved because of the number of people involved.

3) (personal selfish reason) I am going to estes park the following weekend with the girlfriend's parents.

We can do an NSX Estes Park lunch anytime.

That said, I'm in for whatever the majority of us wants to do. I'll watch this thread and count the votes.

See everyone next Saturday!

My vote is for Estes Park.

Like I said, I live 3 blocks from the Warehouse. I do that drive every time I leave my neighborhood. With short notice it sounds like it might be a split decision anyway. You will just have to decide which ride you want to go on.

But, if it is the Warehouse let me know where to meet and I will drive to Denver and make the drive back with you to the Springs.

Dave

I vote for the Supercar meet at 120th and a coordinated afternoon lunch/dinner somewhere.

I did a BMW run with the M5 group a couple of years ago and we ended up at PF Changs (Park Meadows mall). They gave us special parking (just outside the windows). A little preorganization will really make the difference. Of course we could do something in the Springs or Estes Park but someone would have to step up and do something in advance.

I'd be glad to make the arrangements for the PF Changs or my favorite Pappadaux's! (both in the DTC Tech center)

Let's get this done and decide on an event, dinner/lunch site, and time. How would 4:30 work? I say we give this a few days for everyone to decide and make arrangements by Wed. We'll need a final head count to make reservations. Anyone know how to do a poll on this forum? I've participated but never started one.

FYI, All mispelings are intentional and ment to amuze and intertane!

For now I'm sticking with Estes Park.

If I'm not mistaken, people's posts indicate they're in for the...

...Estes Park drive:
- Dave (COS91BB)
- Will Erickson
- 05011994 (and maybe someone else, his post mentions two people)
- Robert Fleming
- Latzke (with his father)

...SuperCar drive:
- Cal
- LrdVader
- StealthTT

RE Estes:

I think El Rancho = El Rancho Historic Restaurant, which makes sense cause it's near where hwy 119 meets I-25 (hwy 119 goes to Nederland where one would turn onto hwy 72 to get through/past Ward then use hyw 7 to get to Estes).

Cal makes a good point...
A little preorganization will really make the difference. Of course we could do something in the Springs or Estes Park but someone would have to step up and do something in advance.
...and another NSXer I chatted with today (who might come) reminded me how busy Estes can get in the summer - and wondered if somone was making parking/eating plans.

05011994, did you have eating/parking places (in Estes) in mind?

A couple years ago we ended up at the Stanley, which had plenty of parking up above/behind. If we parked there we'll either have to walk about 1/2 mile to the main strip area or eat in their Cascades Restaurant (here's the lunch menu). Obviously if we eat in their restaurant they'll be more amiable to roping off some parking spots.

I've also eaten at the The Other Side, which probably could reserve some parking for us.

There are TONS of other restaurants in Estes too.

I'm definately open to other ideas (especially if you had other plans/ideas), these were just the quickest I could think of.

I suppose part of the reason I'm not favoring the SuperCar drive is ignorance...

How many people/cars will be there, what kinds of cars, does the drive get wild or stay responsible, is it more organized this year (there is a place to eat lunch, we won't end up waiting around for others, etc)?

I am for a weekend in September... Estes would be great!
I live in Boulder and know two other people with NSXs, and know the names of two others but we haven't met yet... i could try and round them all up, but I can't make this coming weekend.
I also like the original idea of an overnight somewhere...
...and the idea of tracking at Second Creek, while it is still open (i've been twice in the past two weeks).
Maybe two events?

We can do the Estes run another time, I do not want to conflict with the super car run and I will be going to Italy for 3 weeks early next week so it will probably be better to skip it this the weekend. I will notify Todd that if he wants to do the super car run that he is more than welcome. Sorry for the confusion, we were only trying to rescue the Ride the Rockies once Mike told us that he could not organize it. Let's try for some other time (late September would work better for me, but with my work schedule I never know) that does not conflict with another event.

Scott

You guys have a great time. Can we get started making plans for September?? It was a lot of fun last year getting together with the other NSXs a couple of times. The Super Car meet concept is terrific. There were 4 or 5 Vipers, 2 Skyline GTRs, several RX-7s, 3000GTs and Stealths and Supras and 3-4 NSXs. It was a good drive too. It was just really poorly organized. If they get their s--- together, and have some organization, it would be a great event. There was another car club there with some pre-1920 cars at the Park and Ride. That was a neat concidence to see those cars too.

Anyway, what about September, any ideas?? You can come this way to Taos, NM (great drive), Red River, NM (also nice), Highway 12 through Cuchara/ LaVeta (good drive too). Or, what about the original Aspen plan?? Let's do something!!!! I had this next weekend set aside until it was cancelled, and had plans once it was revived. I'd love to see your NSXs.

BTW, anyone going to NSXPO?? Be careful this weekend. Estes Park will be packed with people since it's before school has really started. Good luck.

Chris.

Okay...I think we have a consensus...the Estes Park Drive is being cancelled due to Scott and Todd's work schedules (as they were spearheading that drive)...I'll do my best to rearrange it for September and post here with the details...

The event on Saturday, Aug 27 is:

Last year, it got delayed due to unforseen circumstances, but prior years it was a hoot...lots of spirited driving and ending up in Colorado Springs at the Grocery Warehouse for the informal car show every Sat nite...

It would be very cool to get the NSX Colorado owners together...hope to see you all there...

PS. If anyone is driving up from the south, let's meet at the Starbucks Parking lot in front of Cool River on Bellevue/I-25 at 10:00AM...we'll plan on leaving at 10:15AM...we can drive north on I-25 and arrive together...see you there...Mike

Chris has mentioned a southern drive down to Taos. I would be quite interested in this as I can't get my wife to make the drive on my motorcycle. Took the NSX up Hwy 96 to Westcliffe/Silvercliff yesterday. What a beautiful drive. Twisty two lane up through lush green meadows and Aspen and Firs.

Eric

Eric,

Westcliffe drive is a great drive. Not a lot of traffic either. The highway 12 drive from Trinidad up through Cuchara, Laveta and back to Walsenburg is BEAUTIFUL with little traffic. It's also nice, because (for you) you could come to Trinidad and take that drive and end up in Walsenburg right on I-25. Then, just go back the 42 miles to Pueblo!!! If you're ever interested, let me know. It is the best Aspen season drive I've seen in Colorado.

Taos is about 2:15-2:30 from Trinidad. Great drive. You go through Cimarron, Angel Fire and Eagle's Nest and it has a lot of great twists and turns. So, about 3:30 for you from Pueblo. We are one hour south of you. Take care.

Chris.

Back