• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"Ride the Rockies" - Colorado

I'm definately up for a Sept and an overnight run!

BTW, I'm doing 2nd Creek (open test and tune) Aug 31 Wed evening 5-8:00 anyone's interested. I'm pretty sure I'll be out again the 7th of Sept (another Wed)

Looks like I'm in for the SuperCar drive. Mike, thanks for taking the time to call and educate me about this drive. Times seem a little confused...

This (NSX Prime) thread says meet a 10am, leave at noon.

This thread seems to be the thread the SuperCar drive originated from. It states gathering at 10am and no leave time.

This thread (where the discussion seemed to go due to organizer changes) states 11am gathering time and a "depart after everyone arives."

Also, the closest thing I see to lunch plans is that there is a Cracker Barrel near the start, so people can eat there before we leave.

I plan to get there a little before 11am and bring a lunch I can eat at one of the stops ... or eat a huge brunch before hand.

NSXers going on this drive:

Cal + Passenger
COS91BB/Dave
LrdVader/Steve + Passenger
WillErickson
mmmikemo/Mike
Smoothaccel
Robert Fleming
-------------------
7 NSXs, 10 people

(This post was previously about dinner. I've edited the post to change that. It now reflects the NSXers going on drive.)

Last edited:
Mike,

I will try to meet you at Starbucks before 10:00. I’m not familiar with Denver but it looks easy enough to find.

I will still need to be back in the Springs by 5:00, so I might need an ETO when we might be at the Warehouse. I would think it would be around that time.

For those wanting to eat in the Springs, there is about any flavor you want near the Warehouse. I don’t think you should have any problem finding someplace. That intersection (Constitution and Powers) has really built up over the last two years.

Sounds fun, will see everyone Saturday.

Dave

I'll be there with a guest. I'll meet the south area guys at the Starbucks.

As for dinner, in past years, we have eaten at the place across from Grocery Warehouse. I think it was a Chilis.

See everyone Saturday!

Steve

Count me in as well...just to clarify timing...

Since a few of us have done this before...it is pretty much a hang out and look at all the cars for a while then start the drive kinda deal...in the past [which may be no predictor of this event] we didn't leave till around noon...and people showed up around 10ish...I'll be meeting a few folks in the south for the drive up to 120th...I expect we'll be there around 11:00 based on traffic...

I look forward to seeing everyone...weather report looks good...

Mike

Count me in but I am a little confused? :confused: !?. Are we driving down to the springs, are some of us driving up to 120 and I-25(Thorton) and meeting there then driving back down to the springs..are we meeting at some Starbucks?
This is what I have:
1. Meet at 120th between 10am-11am (since I am from the north); any specific location? lunch there, where?
2.Drive to the springs and have dinner (final destination?).
3. The NSX ride to Estes got posponed to September.
4. I am bringing noone as of now.
Thats what I have so far.

Will someone who has more of a clue than I please write out a general Itinerary for the Supercar/NSX event. That would be a big help to me. I am excited and looking forward to this drive and meeting all of you, and some of you again. :redface:

Smoothaccel said:
Will someone ... please write out a general Itinerary for the Supercar/NSX event. That would be a big help to me.

You basically have it right...

• Meet at Starbucks Parking lot in front of Cool River on Bellevue/I-25 at 10:00AM. Leave at 10:15AM. (Optional, mostly for people from the south to meet up so they can arrive at Park & Ride together.)
  • Meet at Park & Ride off I-25 and 120th (click here for a small map, I think solid = cars and dashed = busses only). Most NSXers are showing up at 11am, but some SuperCar drive participants might arrive as early as 10am...and I imagine it's OK to arrive as late as the drive starts.
  • Lunch: There appear to be no specific plans for lunch. There is a Cracker Barrel (and probably other places) near the Park & Ride one could eat at before everyone leaves for the drive. Other options seems to be bring your own lunch to eat at the Park & Ride or at one of the stops along the drive, eat large brunch, starve, etc.
  • I understand the drive will leave around noon, go through Deckers & Woodland Park, ending at the Grocery Warehouse (Constitution and Powers) in Colorado Springs.
  • There is an informal/ad-hoc car show (car enthusiasts park there and look at each other's cars) at the Grocery Warehouse every Saturday afternoon...which we'll partake in.
  • Dinner will happen sometime thereafter at a place near the Grocery Warehouse.
  • The End.

Last edited:
Thanks Craig
latzke said:
You basically have it right...

• Meet at Starbucks Parking lot in front of Cool River on Bellevue/I-25 at 10:00AM. Leave at 10:15AM. (Optional, mostly for people from the south to meet up so they can arrive at Park & Ride together.)
  • Meet at Park & Ride off I-25 and 120th (click here for a small map, I think solid = cars and dashed = busses only). Most NSXers are showing up at 11am, but some SuperCar drive participants might arrive as early as 10am...and I imagine it's OK to arrive as late as the drive starts.
  • Lunch: There appear to be no specific plans for lunch. There is a Cracker Barrel (and probably other places) near the Park & Ride one could eat at before everyone leaves for the drive. Other options seems to be bring your own lunch to eat at the Park & Ride or at one of the stops along the drive, eat large brunch, starve, etc.
  • I understand the drive will leave around noon, go through Deckers & Woodland Park, ending at the Grocery Warehouse (Constitution and Powers) in Colorado Springs.
  • There is an informal/ad-hoc car show (car enthusiasts park there and look at each other's cars) at the Grocery Warehouse every Saturday afternoon...which we'll partake in.
  • Dinner will happen sometime thereafter at a place near the Grocery Warehouse.
  • The End.

Craig et al,

Count me in...I'll meet you at the Park n Ride at 120th & I25 at Noon. I have a silver 92 that I'm working into shape.
Bob
303-915-4164

D'oh!

Well, we won't be there after all. It occurred to me last night that the timing belt/water pump on the NSX may never have been changed (odd, considering how insanely rigorous we are when it comes to vehicle maintenance, especially with this car).

While it only has $41k miles, it's 14 (close to 15) years old - so we're pushing our luck. Paul will remedy this on Sept 6th, but until then the NSX won't be allowed to come out and play - it's not worth the risk. Maybe I'll see you in September. (Saturday I'll be doing yard work and kicking myself for not thinking of this a few weeks ago when the car was in for upgrades. I was really getting excited about this.) Sorry for bugging out at the last minute.

Smoothaccel said:
Seriously! Hi Craig, If you are in Ft Collins, you can go with me. Call me if you can still make it.

Looks like I will be there afterall...not driving, but at least I get to meet some of you I haven't before. Thanks Vance.

I really wish I could have made it. It looks like you guys had a blast! I've got my car back together and will be taking a cruise with a car club up in Fort Collins on Sunday.

Maybe next time!

Hey Colorado NSX Owners!

I just bought my dream car....a '96 NSX-T...state trooper red. Love it! Anyways, I obviously missed the late summer events since I just bought my car, but I would love to be a part of any future events. I look forward to getting to know some of you in the Denver area better.

Thanks!

Brian Richards
Westminster, CO

Glad to see another local owner on Prime.Does your car have any mods? Too bad it is winter and there is not too much time left to drive it...I hope to make a local meet next year myself .I was not able to make any this year to due work/school.
-Congrats

Back