• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Right rear tail lights dim on my 1996 NSX-T

The 2 far right tail lights are dimmer that the left rear tail lights. These are the #1157 bulbs. I checked the voltage at the sockets and I have 9.6 volts. The left rear bulbs have about 12V. So that is why the bulbs are a little dimmer. Is there a common problem with the 1996 NSX-T that any one is aware of?

There are some threads on here that discuss how the right rear tail light harness is actually the "caboose" for the entire cars electrical system, hence the lower volts. To balance them out I put in a pair of Sylvania Silverstar High Performance bulbs just on the passenger side (leaving the driver side normal incandescent) and it looks a lot better/balanced but is still not AS bright as the driver side unfortunately. You could try it and if doesn't improve it, you can always return them. I think it was around $9 from my local auto store.

So they built the car that way?
Thanks for the advice about the Sylvania bulbs. I will give it a try.

In many cases dim lighting is a grounding issue. Even if you have to run a seperate ground wire to remedy an issue it's no biggie. You can't have too many ground points.

Back