• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

rip whitney houston

A case study in what the high profile life-style, bad company, drugs, alcohol, and addiction can do to even the best of talent. Sad.

Last edited:
I can't say that wasn't expected.

she was certainly at risk..but she left behind a large family and that is tragic.Parents have to be thier kids role models...lets hope hers and Bobby's can succeed at life.

1st it was Michael Jackson now Whitney. So sad :(. She soared during her hey day but that Bobby Brown thing was just too much to over come. Just say no!

they always die is three's

who's next

now the Legal Battle over her assets will be all over the news in a few days

wonder what her net worth was?

I can swear I read she was broke but cant confirm where I got that from

Last edited:
I remember watching her in the Bodyguard (must have taken a date to the movie). She was a rising star. It's really a shame.

Such a tragic day. I was shocked. I remember her singing the star spangled banner for the superbowl in 1991 and there wasnt a dry eye in room where is was. I don't have the money or fame she had, so i don't know what she dealt with. Hopefully she will be remembered for moments like this, instead of the late. RIP Whitney Houston

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5jeUINzHK9o?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5jeUINzHK9o?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Last edited:
Such a tragic day. I was shocked. I remember her singing the star spangled banner for the superbowl in 1991 and there wasnt a dry eye in room where is was. I don't have the money or fame she had, so i don't know what she dealt with. Hopefully she will be remembered for moments like this, instead of the late. RIP Whitney Houston

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5jeUINzHK9o?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="360" width="640"></object>

The national anthem is a notoriously difficult song to sing, and not only did she ace it, its probably the best rendition I have ever heard. Wow.

The national anthem is a notoriously difficult song to sing, and not only did she ace it, its probably the best rendition I have ever heard. Wow.
Don't want to rain on anybody's parade, but I'm almost certain just about any public performance like that (especially our anthem) is lip-synched. Meaning, it's pre-recorded.

Don't want to rain on anybody's parade, but I'm almost certain just about any public performance like that (especially our anthem) is lip-synched. Meaning, it's pre-recorded.

Yes, it was recorded a week earlier and lip synched at the Superbowl. Still a great rendition.

Back