• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

River Run caravan

7:20 would be too late. We need to get Larry B at 7:30 at the Sheraton on the Rockland County side. I think I may have confused you with the reference to the 287/87 exit but it would be about a 20 minute trip from the Corporate Park without traffic.

PM your cell and let's decide on a time to meet at Corp Park Drive.

John,

Soon after getting on Rt31 the shoulder is extra wide in front of Ingersoll Rand. There is not much else on RT31.

But, Miled is thinking he will be really hungry so you may find us waiting for you at the Crackerbarrel just off Exit 15 on I-78
Miled calls it the "Grits Run" :D

Will let you know later if we will meet you on rt31 or Crackerbarrel :)

P.S. I had sent you some cell numbers via PM

Tony,I did not recieve your pm so please resend those numbers,also cracker barrel sounds good let me know.

For all those in Jersey who want to hook up along the way, Bailey/Roger/Larry B/and myself will be leaving the Sheraton parking lot at the intersection of route 287 and 87 in Rockland County at 7:30 a.m. If you plan on meeting us along the way, please post what exit we should look for you along 287 south and confirm that you have a club radio or cell phone so we can let you know when we get close.

Bailey: plan on meeting at Corporate Park Drive shortly before 7 am in White Plains. Roger has already confirmed.

Bob,

Karen and I will be at a small office park literally 100 feet off the highway. This office park has a entrance ramp from it right onto RT287 South. I will plan on being there at 7:45AM

As you are traveling south the exit is 40b, it's right after the exit for Parsippany Road. Once you guys pass the Parsippany Road exit (I believe 40a) please give me a call on my cell phone. I will pull right out and jump on the highway. If the timing is right, I'll pull up right behind you.

To reiterate, the exit I will be entering from is 40b, the exit to call me at is 40a (Parsippany Road). C-ya soon!!

Thanks,
John

RSO 34 said:
For all those in Jersey who want to hook up along the way, Bailey/Roger/Larry B/and myself will be leaving the Sheraton parking lot at the intersection of route 287 and 87 in Rockland County at 7:30 a.m. If you plan on meeting us along the way, please post what exit we should look for you along 287 south and confirm that you have a club radio or cell phone so we can let you know when we get close.

Bailey: plan on meeting at Corporate Park Drive shortly before 7 am in White Plains. Roger has already confirmed.

Ahhh..on the service road im guessing ?

The service road or right inside the parking lot should be fine. Offhand I can't recall the setup of that office park but if Roger reads this perhaps he can describe it better. No big deal because if we are in slightly different spots we can be in touch on the radio or by cell.

at that time of the morning

We should be able to just sit on the entrance/exit past the light and wait for the 3 of us, and then it's 2 more lights and we're back on 287. From there to over the TZ bridge is only 10 minutes, with Lawyer Bob leading, we're immune to any speeding tickets, or so I've heard!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Re: at that time of the morning

RPM217 said:
with Lawyer Bob leading, we're immune to any speeding tickets, or so I've heard!!!!

Just remember that my pro bono hourly fee has tripled since the last time.

Back