• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

River Run: Sixth Annual and FINAL!

Greetings NSXers,

Mark your calendars for Saturday May 22nd for the sixth and FINAL annual Northeast NSX River Run and Cookout, and plan on spending a fun day in the country!

WHAT’S A RIVER RUN?

A gathering of NSX owners (current, past and future...) and their spouses/S.O.'s at Don Gallo's house in bucolic Princeton, NJ... A "river run" drive (about 120 miles round trip) through nice country roads... a stop at scenic spot to congregate… a catered cookout... sharing photos from various events... swapping tall tales of track exploits… comparing mods… and the usual camaraderie and merriment!

The River Run has grown from an informal gathering of about a dozen cars in 1998 to as many as 34 NSXs and almost 60 people. At last year’s River Run in we had great weather, an awesome, fast, ticket-free drive, and many new faces. Go to this site for photos from the gathering. And, late-breaking info on this year’s event may be found at this thread on NSXPrime.

WHEN IS THIS SHINDIG?

The event is held rain or shine (we'll have a tent if the weather looks threatening). Meet at Don Gallo's house by 9:00 at the LATEST. Light breakfast at the house, country drive 10-2:00, cookout around 2:30...

TWISTIES?

Yep, we got 'em. We'll take a very scenic group drive in the country, which will take us past old stone towns, vineyards, farms, a covered bridge, and down the valley to the Delaware River. For you old-timers who've been to this event before, we actually have yet another new route this year, even nicer than the past ones! Our break-point this year will be a scenic place to stretch our legs, gather the cars, and engage in some pleasant diversions... and then we’ll reverse course and follow a different route back.

WHAT DOES IT COST?

$30/PP, $20/PP for NSXCA members. You may pay when you arrive, but please RSVP as below to avoid a $5 walk-up charge.

HOW DO I RSVP?

Please call or e-mail Don Lebentritt (who’s handling registration) no later than Friday, May 7th at 609-737-1113 or [email protected]. Please include the number of attendees and their names. We’ll send directions when you RSVP.

Hope we'll see you then!

F-BN2zdm3atHJiAfXzUr81

Gotta ask Don, why is it the last one? :). Neighbors complaining about all the NSXs spilling out of your driveway? Someone do donuts all over your wife's rose bushes? Save me the hammock! :)

robr said:
Gotta ask Don, why is it the last one? :). Neighbors complaining about all the NSXs spilling out of your driveway? Someone do donuts all over your wife's rose bushes?

:rolleyes: All good thoeries, but none correct! Keep guessing -- prizes awarded for most accurate and most creative :p

And Rob, you can have the hammock as long as you don't drive my car again:D

theories

All good thoeries, but none correct! Keep guessing -- prizes awarded for most accurate and most creative

You feel you are getting too old to host these great NSX River Runs? You are retiring and moving to your relaxing retirement home in some other state and possibly starting a new annual NSX retirement run?

Re: Re: River Run: Sixth Annual and FINAL!

TigerNSX said:
Not exactly.. ;)

Oh, that's right... BUT, you would have to agree that the event really was over at that point ;)

Say it ain't so Don

Just a guess, but you're going to sell your NSX and get another F-Car. Therefore making it your last River Run.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Re: Say it ain't so Don

RPM217 said:
Just a guess, but you're going to sell your NSX and get another F-Car. Therefore making it your last River Run.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Roger, that was what I guessed, too :(

Here's a guess.........

Are you moving out of the area???

getting warmer:confused: :confused: ....Is the river moving out of the area:D :D

Let's think a little

Don's a "management consultant" travels alot, can work from anywhere, his SO is a physician, I guess she could relocate too, so If you're moving out of the area, it might not be a River Run next year, could it be a Mountain Mush, a Desert Drive, a Lake Lunge, a little help here Don, just confirm that you're not leaving the "club" and will keep that beautiful resonant sounding NSX at the front of the pack. If we lose the River Run that's one thing, if we lose the Don, well that's altogether unacceptable!!!!

Re: Let's think a little

RPM217 said:
if we lose the Don

On behalf of my client, Mr. Donald Lebentritt (aka "The Don"), I must demand that you cease and desist from the infringement of his intellectual property rights in the sobriquet "The Don". Mr. Lebentritt has instructed me to file the appropriate application for injunctive relief should you not refrain from this actionable usurpation of his identity.

Please act accordingly.

Speak English please!

thedon67 said:
Sure does pay to have a good lawyer.

:D

One who speaks English would be helpful, these $20 latin words have to go. The "Don" is quite capable of defending himself, if he so chooses. Bob should stick to traffic court, where his expertise is now legendary.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Re: Speak English please!

RPM217 said:
One that speaks English would be helpful. . . Bob should stick to traffic court, where is expertise is now legendary.

Excuse me pot, kettle calling. Or perhaps that is just a little cockney accent coming through your typing.

Cockney accent? Whatever are you talking about

RSO 34 said:
Excuse me pot, kettle calling. Or perhaps that is just a little cockney accent coming through your typing.

Oops, (thanks to the edit function) whatever are you talking about? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Re: Re: Speak English please!

RSO 34 said:
Fortunately I allowed you to believe the rest of your post was correct. I guess I am now talking about this.

????????? Whatever are you talking about???????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Back