• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

RM Racing oval tips & 2002 rear valence ?

HI
smile.gif

Anyone tried mating the RM Racing exhaust w/oval tips with the 2002 rear valence ??

I've got the DTM tips, and I understand these are too big for the cut out on the new rear.

I did not see the oval tips on the RM Racing web site anymore. Anyone know if they are still for sale ?

Trond.

[This message has been edited by Trond (edited 15 January 2003).]

Anyone? I have the RM as well with the 4tip and I really like the way the 2002 rear looks, so my question is can the RM exhaust be modified to fit? without costing an arm and leg.

All "RM Racing" does now is specialize in making "True Flow" Cold Air Intakes for numerous non-exotic cars(Focus/RSX/Even Trucks). New ownership I guess, there is an open house this weekend at the shop.

I know they probably still have NSX stuff, but I'm not sure if they are still making it.....

Trond, I really your NSX, but I do feel that the 2002 oem valence would balance out the rear better than the Style valence. I've got the 2002 & there is enough width in the exhaust channel to fit the oval tips. Enrique Thompson has this set on his NSX. If you are looking for a mint low mileage used RM oval tip exhaust, let me know, a buddy of mine is intersted in selling.

[This message has been edited by QWKSLVR (edited 15 January 2003).]

[This message has been edited by QWKSLVR (edited 16 January 2003).]

QWKSLVR:
I totally agree with you in regards of the Style Auto vs 2002 rear. What is really cool with the Style rear is that you get a F40 angle look from the side. What is not so cool is the Testarossa look on the lower part viewed from directly behind (the horisontal bars looks a bit too 80's in my opinion).

I was never sure the Style rear bumper was the right part for me, but I tried it anyway.

Now that we have the 2002 - I know this will improve the cars look even further
biggrin.gif

I would be interested in the oval tips at a fair price. Make me an offer. Or is your friend maybe interested in swapping for DTM tips ? Mine has 5000 miles and mint as well.

I'd keep them if I could, because I had both versions in the shop at the same time, and the DTM ones really sets the car off perfectly
smile.gif

Trond

Trond, you're too much! Your car inspired me to contact Michael at Style and order the Style Auto nose for my '91. At the same time I am getting the 2002 rear valance as well. Who's following who? My car should be done in a couple weeks, and I can't wait to see the results.

ChopsJazz: I guess you'll be the first of us to have the car ready with the Style front AND the 2002 rear
biggrin.gif

(I'm doing the 6 speed conversion at the same time, and I have still haven't ordered all the parts from the US...)

AND it will look amazing !

What kind of side skirts are ü planning on ??

Trond

[This message has been edited by Trond (edited 16 January 2003).]

Trond,

Totally different subject. Have you been informed about John Hanks, an NSXCA member who recently moves from the US to Norway??

If not, maybe I can get you folks to meet.

Regards,
LarryB

QWKSLVR: Sorry I misread your post - I thought your friend was just getting rid of the tips - not the entire exhaust.

But, I might have a customer who'd like an RM Racing exhaust - I'll check with him tomorrow
smile.gif

However I already got an offer for 700 + shipping by e-mail today
biggrin.gif

LarryB: I think it was him posting on the "European" part of Prime. Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet on some of the Honda or Gatebil (street car) meets this summer. If I remember correctly he's moving to Stavanger, approximately 600-700km away from Oslo.

Trond.

Originally posted by gheba_nsx:
ChopsJazz I wrote them (AutoStyle) yesterday but had no answer. Did you call or write them?

I emailed Michael at the email address on the Style website. It took him a day or two to get back to me, but I got the feeling that he was eager to do business with me. He's very accomodating and will make the transaction work for you. Good luck.

Back