• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

RM racing pads or carbotech pads?

I checked the RM racing website, but all they carry is the racing pads for "big brake kits", if they don't carry OEM sized pads, how is everyone talking about their RM pads in the FAQ PERFORMANCE? Plus, which produces less dust? RM or Carbotech(the Panther Plus)?
Which lasts longer?

RM pads are now out-of-the-box Porterfield pads. You may want to check out the new Bobcat Carbotech pads if you're looking for a high performance pads with minimal dusting. The prices on the pads have also dropped significantly. You can find more info over in the vendor forums.

Cheers,
-- Chris

------------------
Revolutionize your NSX with ScienceofSpeed
www.ScienceofSpeed.com | [email protected] | 877-863-4520

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed:
RM pads are now out-of-the-box Porterfield pads.

Chris, I thought the RM pads are out-of-the-box Hawk HP Plus pads...?
confused.gif

Originally posted by Kelvin:
Plus, which produces less dust? RM or Carbotech(the Panther Plus)?
Which lasts longer?

The Carbotechs are probably the longest lasting true track type pads out there. They will dust, but not that much except compared to stock. The Bobcat line Chris mentions is a direct competitor with the Axxis Ultimates, and should out perform and under price those pads. A very good choice for the street with more grip than the stock Acura pads, which are also very good for the street. I ran Panther Plus pads in my targa for almost a year including 7+ track events, and really like them. HTH.

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan Boooleevard Cruzer
1992 White/Black Track Rat
2002 Red and White Cooper S - for sale, please inquire

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed:
You may want to check out the new Bobcat Carbotech pads if you're looking for a high performance pads with minimal dusting.

My understanding is that they're more street-friendly but not as good on the track as the Panther Plus.

Back