• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Road Atlanta March 19-20

This is a NASA-SE event coming up soon. Mark H, Don N and I will be instructing, so that's 3 NSXs so far. All levels of HPDE will be running, along with a bunch of real races. It's $299 for both days.

Here's where to sign up, if you're interested: NASA-SE Road ATL Event

Jeff

Yes, NASA is in no way brand specific. It's mostly a grass-roots sort of racing organization. You can throw together almost any type of cheap racecar and really race it. It's the first level of racing you can do in a car, as far as I can tell. They have an amazing number of classes. They also mix in HPDE, but mostly it's about racing. It's fun to watch all the private racers operating on shoestring budgets out of their garages. Cars like old purple monte carlos and VW Golfs.

If you attend, you'll have to join the NASA club ($35), and you'll automatically get a subscription to Grassroots Motorsports magazine which is an interesting read.

Another nice thing about NASA is that if you are solo rated or above, they let you pass anywhere on the track (including in the turns) with a point-by. Novices can pass only on the straights.

Jeff

Here's something interesting. They want each class of cars to park together in the paddock and have a map:

Attachments

• NASAParking.jpg
    NASAParking.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 149
Gee, Jeff, I notice that the private parking for me and you and Don is not indicated on the map... :cool:

Ain't it nice to be a local ?!

The event was great! Don showed us how to slide off the end of turn 1 at 100 mph!!! Had to get towed out of the gravel, but didn't hit anything (whew!).

NASA posted a page of pictures:

NASA Road ATL Pictures

In case you didn't see these postings in the Track forum here on prime -

Don caught a video of an Integra really losing it in turn 5:

Flying Integra video

and I caught a Porsche spinning too:

Spinning Porsche video

Jeff

Back