• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Road Atlanta...with some interesting perspectives

R13

Experienced Member
Tech Expert
I was experimenting to see how viable my phone was as an in-car camera this past weekend. (This was a PCA event at Road Atlanta).

So we have SD camera over the shoulder, and phone filming driver from the reverse angle.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UXtycOLtXMQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and

phone suctioned to the side of my helmet:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NGP9xlOF2R0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If anyone's curious, somewhere in the "helmet cam" session I managed to pull down a 1:45.xxx or so lap, which is the quickest I managed on the weekend. That's not setting any records, but is respectable for my first weekend at RA in this car (stock motor and street tires)....it's also ~15 seconds faster than my MR2 around the same track.

Last edited:
God I love that track, are you doing the December event with NASA?

God I love that track, are you doing the December event with NASA?

Definite maybe. I really need to get the car inspected so I can run a TT event somewhere and finish getting my license. I might be back at CMP in October before then.

RA is fun, but not much margin for "oops" a lot of places.

Last edited:
Definite maybe. I really need to get the car inspected to I can run a TT event somewhere and finish getting my license. I might be back at CMP in October before then.

RA is fun, but not much margin for "oops" a lot of places.

Ah, start your TT run at the beginning of the next season and go down for "practice".

Watching that helmet cam, it felt like I was playing a motorcycle racing video game with the way it leans to the sides in the turns. Neat! It did kinda make me dizzy though, so I prefer the fixed mounted cams.

Back