• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Road Trip in M635

The wife and I are taking a little road trip out to AZ (fly) and then back to MA (drive) to pick up an M635 :) We'll be gone for about 16 days seeing the West (mostly) and visiting friends and family along the way :)

Nothing like road trip in a vintage car! Here's a couple pics :)

-Wick

M635-12.jpg

M635-5.jpg

WOW...67 views and not one reply. I though we NSX guys were also car guys??? Perhaps we need to get out more?? :)

Anyway, IMO, the e24 body style,i.e., 6 series BMW is, along with the NSX, one of the most beautiful body styling in any car of the past 30 years. And, a euro M6 is the balls!!!

Welll, I'll enjoy my trip anyway. See ya. :)

-Wick

:biggrin: Well crap, Wick, I was one of "the views" and I liked 1) the new BMW, 2) the cool photos, and 3) the sound of any road trip, much less one that includes seeing fambily, picking up a new-to-you neat car, and driving it through "the west."
More photos then, of course!!

beautiful car
congrats
i too like the older BMW's and my favorite of the 80's was the E30 M3.
25 years later and everytime i take her out she still stands out and looks better than half the cookie cutter crap they make now.
enjoy the ride..i am sure you will be smiles all the way.

zaid

Beautiful car man - the movie Innerspace got me hooked on those cars. The bad guy drove a "shark" in that movie.

Enjoy!

I like the car... nice choice. I would love to do a cross country trip someday. I hope you have the time to drive the scenic route. Have a safe trip.

Good seeing you again this past Saturday.

Roy, the car is beautiful - one of the truly classical autos ever made by anyone anywhere anytime! And to think it is in such good shape too and all "gussied" up just for the trip. You should have a wonderful time and the trip you have laid out is absolutely going thru some of the most dramatic country the US has to offer. Moab is awesome as are many of the other stops you'll be making. One of the most fun trips I ever took was hiking and driving around CO visiting ghost towns all over and other points of interest including Mesa Verde - the cliff dwellings were really fun and then there's the little Far View Inn - great stuff. I know you'll have a great time and please send loads of photos of the journey and the car covered with dust and bugs....scratch that last....lol. Stay safe and let her rip just a weeeeeeee bit! :biggrin:

In 04 I bought a 85 635 csi on ebay, one owner 95k mi. Flew to Louisiana and drove it back to upstate NY. Those cars are made for long road trips, you will love it! I drove the car today and still love it. That front end just has the look!!!!!

Back