• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Road trip!!!! San Francisco <-> Fort Worth

Hi, y'all NSX fans.

I've decided to take a road trip from San Francisco to Fort Worth starting this weekend. As I write this, the '94 NSX is getting its fluids changed, and new shoes installed.

I'll probably head down I-5 to Bakersfield, then i will head east. I might visit a friend in Bisbee, AZ, then continue east. I might go to either San Antonio or Austin for a night before heading to Fort Worth by Wednesday.

Then, I'll leave Fort Worth Monday morning, and I have until Friday morning to get back to San Francisco.

Any ideas, thoughts? How is the speed enforcement on the rural interstates? Secondary roads?

Cheers,

Be careful of the small towns with corrupt Law Enforcements and D.A.'s. Lot of scandals lately on the news in Texas. :biggrin: Have a safe trip

Last edited:
Last edited:
Sounds like a great trip no matter which way you go! Have fun and be safe. Take lots of pics and share when you finish up.

I like ChopsJazz's route - I've done a similar trip when I picked up my current NSX from the Bay Area.

If you plan to be in Austin, drop us a note in the regional forum. I can help get a few NSXers together so we can meet, chit-chat, drive, whatever. Have fun!

Definitly drop a line and maybe a few of us can get together. Did you say you were coming this weekend or next weekend? We have a get together in Austin this weekend and that would be awesome if you could join us.

Cheers
Blaine

If you get pulled for speeding just tell them you've always heard of Texas and your getting here as fast a you can.:wink:

We are now on a 5 week trip from Las Vegas up the west coast to Canada. We're now at Moonstone Beach in Cambria CA. Tomorrow, the Bay Area.

Two days ago my Valentine saved me near Bishop, CA. Most of the time I keep to 9 mph over the interstate speed. It's the small winding roads that may get me. I have had some nice winding ones so far, and am looking forward to more on the Pacific coast highway tomorrow.

Lance

We are now on a 5 week trip from Las Vegas up the west coast to Canada. We're now at Moonstone Beach in Cambria CA. Tomorrow, the Bay Area.

Two days ago my Valentine saved me near Bishop, CA. Most of the time I keep to 9 mph over the interstate speed. It's the small winding roads that may get me. I have had some nice winding ones so far, and am looking forward to more on the Pacific coast highway tomorrow.

Lance

I'm planning to do the opposite (and also have a Valentine 1 :) ) If you plan on taking the I-5 Northbound from Seattle to the Canada border, WATCH YOUR SPEED around exit 224 (Skadgit County). This place always flooded with cops trying to catch you speeding.

I'm planning to do the opposite (and also have a Valentine 1 :) ) If you plan on taking the I-5 Northbound from Seattle to the Canada border, WATCH YOUR SPEED around exit 224 (Skadgit County). This place always flooded with cops trying to catch you speeding.

Thank you,
Lance

Back