• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Road Trip

My wife and I just returned from a 5K road trip, from Manassas, VA to Salt Lake City, Yellowstone Park, and back home. I've attached a few pics, two that show how we (she) packed. (I took the car cover for parking in motel lots.)

If you have the chance to drive the Bear Tooth Highway (it runs from Cooke City to Red Lodge, MT and was called the Cooke City Highway when I was a kid) don't pass it up. It's a stunner. This car was made for mountain roads.

Attachments

• DSCF0001.jpg
    DSCF0001.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCF0006.jpg
    DSCF0006.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCF0034.jpg
    DSCF0034.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCF0062.jpg
    DSCF0062.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCF0010.jpg
    DSCF0010.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 95
My brother and I rode the Beartooth pass 2 yrs ago in June on our bikes from Red Lodge to Cody, Wyoming. Fantastic views, snow on the road side, quite cold at the top. Would definitely be a blast in the car.

My wife and I just returned from a 5K road trip, from Manassas, VA to Salt Lake City, Yellowstone Park, and back home. I've attached a few pics, two that show how we (she) packed. (I took the car cover for parking in motel lots.)

If you have the chance to drive the Bear Tooth Highway (it runs from Cooke City to Red Lodge, MT and was called the Cooke City Highway when I was a kid) don't pass it up. It's a stunner. This car was made for mountain roads.

My wife and I took a weekend trip in Maryland (from North Carolina) and the NSX was packed the same???

Looks like fun! I would love to take time off and do a cross country road trip in my NSX sometime. :)

That route was in my plans during one of my legs through WY/MT, but that was when they had all the fires in Yellowstone, and BOTH the East and North Entrances were closed. I had to exit the NorthWest entrance and wound up way too far north to drop back down to catch it.

I have often said that an NSX makes a GREAT Grand Touring Car, as well as a sports car.

Come to think of it, this might be a good excuse to head up there again. How about all 48 contiguous states -- TWICE?

Mark

Very cool! Kudos to you AND your wife for taking an NSX-T on a 5,000 mile road trip. Not many people would commit themselves to that much time (especially with someone else) in a car of that size. How many miles are on the car total now?

My brother and I rode the Beartooth pass 2 yrs ago in June on our bikes from Red Lodge to Cody, Wyoming. Fantastic views, snow on the road side, quite cold at the top. Would definitely be a blast in the car.

We saw a fair number of bikes, both single and double riders. The bikers had even better views than we did, though we had the top off.

That route was in my plans during one of my legs through WY/MT, but that was when they had all the fires in Yellowstone, and BOTH the East and North Entrances were closed. I had to exit the NorthWest entrance and wound up way too far north to drop back down to catch it.

Mark

Mark--We had a pilot car take us through a four or five mile stretch of the road that had burnt forest on the east side of the road. That was probably the fire that had the road closed when you were there. We also ran into thick smoke about fifty miles west of Rapid City, South Dakota, but it cleared by the time we got to Mt. Rushmore and the Crazy Horse sculpture.

Very cool! Kudos to you AND your wife for taking an NSX-T on a 5,000 mile road trip. Not many people would commit themselves to that much time (especially with someone else) in a car of that size. How many miles are on the car total now?

The car had 33+K when we started and turned 39K just before we got home. The miles through the corn fields of Kansas were ho-hum, livened up only by getting pulled over for speeding. The officer was nice enough to only issue a warning. But the roads through the hills of West Virginia, the back roads of Kentucky, and the mountain roads from Logan, Utah to Billings, Montana, were fantastic driving.

The car had 33+K when we started and turned 39K just before we got home. The miles through the corn fields of Kansas were ho-hum, livened up only by getting pulled over for speeding. The officer was nice enough to only issue a warning. But the roads through the hills of West Virginia, the back roads of Kentucky, and the mountain roads from Logan, Utah to Billings, Montana, were fantastic driving.

Did you have any radar detector in the car? If so, did it just fail for some reason when you got pulled over?

I am thinking of getting a Valentine 1 detector but am wondering how helpful it really is.

Did you have any radar detector in the car? If so, did it just fail for some reason when you got pulled over?

I am thinking of getting a Valentine 1 detector but am wondering how helpful it really is.

You still need to use your eyes (because laser (lidar) and instant-on radar) give little to no warning. But for everything else, they are spectacular. After spending thousands on other detectors, I have been loyal to the Valentine 1 for over 10 years now. They are that good, and I drive really fast on the highways most of the time.

Back