• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Romeo's Famous 450+rwhp/Intercooled/TEC3 EMS Supercharger Package Up For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sig

Experienced Member
I recently purchased Romeo's car. Seeing that I already have a FX built engine and FactorX FX500 turbo kit from my previous car, I will not need two FI systems. Therefore, his supercharger setup will be available to the right buyer. The entire setup, right down to the modified OEM harmonic balancer will be inlcuded. It is currently being uninstalled in Atlanta. Local pickup in Atlanta is the preferred form of 'delivery'. In addition, the buyer will get some scheduled time with his local TEC3 tuner to talk through the system and answer any outstanding questions there may be.

attachment.php

Here is a list of most of the kit's components:
Basch boost supercharger drive shaft
Upgraded Paxton Novi 2000R supercharger
HKS High flow intake
HKS Racing By-pass valve
Greddy flange
Custom boost pulley
Cantrell induction system
Custom intercooler kit
Custom Carbon fiber intercooler pipes (A spare set of matching CF pipes also included)
Custom Carbon fiber intercooler shroud
Greddy oil catch can
RC 680cc injectors
Electromotive Tech 3 engine management system and Manual
(TEC 3 will come loaded with the tuning already done on the kit)
Custom Dry Ice Containment Unit

4071RomeoDyno-med.jpg

On it's most recent dyno run, the kit produced 483rwhp & 338ft/lb of torque on pump gas with the stock engine. Obviously, evey car is different so you may get more power or perhaps less depending on your particular car. Romeo spared no expense on this kit and the photos/performance numbers are proof of that. Even if you didn't care about power numbers, this setup will also help you win car shows if that's your sort of thing. Ironically, I will be keeping his stock engine in the car and driving it stock for a while until after I get through emissions/registration. This should make clear that the engine was still humming along when the kit was taken off.

The major components of the package have very few miles on them. The uprgraded Novi2000R blower, Injectors, and his latest upgraded custom intercooler with HKSracing bypass valve all have less than a 1000 miles on them. The driveshaft has less than 5000 miles it.

You can also read some further discussion on Romeo's car here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40098

It will be sold as an entire unit, so parting out any component is not an option. Other considerations you should take into account before buying this kit. #1) You will want to already have or get a hatch with an air scoop, otherwise the aftercooler will not be very functional. #2) The typical supercharger chirping noise heard while the engine is running, is much more pronounced with the Novi2000R blower vs. the other Paxton blowers. So if you are looking for something that will be quiet and stealth, this is not the kit for you. This is more of a 'hey look and listen to me' type kit. Obviously, it is up to the buyer to determine what level of engine work/reinforcement to do. Romeo has OCD when it comes to monitoring things, so he was able to successfully run this kit on a stock motor. I personally would install this on a built motor, but that's me. However, if you try to run this on a motor that is not in fantastic running condition, FI in time will make the weaknesses visible. It is up to the buyer to ensure the engine is ready for install. In addition, the buyer will be responsible for getting a proper installation done. Romeo can point you towards the folks that did the work for him, but the buyer will obviously be responsible for the cost.

In the spirit of Ebay:
'Buy it Now Price' = $9,000

I will take other offers though.

If the $9000 price is met and payment received.... I will not accept other offers, even if they are higher than $9K. However, if there is an offer below 9K and a full price offer comes in prior to payment being sent, the full price offer will be honored. That said, once I say a deal is good and receive payment, regardless of the price.... I will not accept further offers.

Contact me via email at: [email protected]

... or post in this thread:)

Last edited:
hi!

How does that work withthe engine management. Is it a plug and play ECU or does it have an extra wiring harness.

Do you have a link to this engine management system?

thanks

I will try to get Romeo to chime in to answer the wiring question. From a high level, the Tec3 handles everything to do with the motor and the stock ecu remains in place to handle all the other functions of the car.

Electromotive is the mfr. of the TEC3 EMS. It is also the EMS that Gerry Johnson uses on his 500+rwhp turbo NSX's. I beleive they retail for somewhere in the neighborhood of $2500-2800. I use the AEM on my turbo motor, mainly for the cost savings over other units like the Tec3. But in this case, the Tec3 is included with the kit.... so you won't have to go out and buy a new one.

I wanted to post an answer to a question that a few of you asked me via email regarding a fuel pressure regulator:

There is in fact a fuel pressure regulator that comes with the package, I just forgot to list it in the parts section. oops:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back