• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ron Tonkin Honda Car Show & ..........Make A Wish Foundation Fundraiser!

Last edited:
Thanks for getting this up Abhi. I am going to begin posting this in select car communities as the date gets closer but as Abhi mentioned every year I organize a car meet and greet that coincides with a fundraiser for a local charity. This year I've teamed up with the Ron Tonkin Honda service department to create a fun and festive afternoon for everyone that will ultimately all benefit the Make A Wish Foundation of Oregon. Charity organizations like this or various others in the community are always there when we need them and with as much time and effort that we all put towards our cars, a fraction of that goes a long way for charities.

Some Key points;

• Charity Fundraiser for the Make A Wish Foundation
  • 10am-3pm July 6th 2013
  • Honda s2000 and Acura NSX designated parking
  • KOi Fusion Food Truck on site
  • Raffle for your choice of a brand new Kia Soul, Fiat 500 or Ducati
  • Raffle for various honda/acura/gift certificates
  • Exotic Cars on Display
  • Live DJ
  • Meet and Greet with international import model Dannie Riel
  • Super Street Magazine spokes model Annie Anaya
Looking forward to seeing more NSX's this year :)

Ron Tonkin Honda
300 SE 122nd Ave, Portland, OR
(503) 262-6440 ‎ · rontonkinhonda.com
Ron+Tonkin+Honda

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All Makes and Models welcome, s2000 and NSX parking will be cordoned off in the front of the dealership, however there will be plenty of parking for everyone to come and show off their ride! Each year is a learning experience and we want to make sure everyone is included and feels welcome at the show!

31debb2d.jpg
f4770ed9.jpg
f655d97a.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KOi Fusion Food Truck
This year we are lucky to have food catered throughout the afternoon. No more hot dogs and chips this year, Korean Mexican fusion food is going to be on site for sale by the famous KOi Fusion Food Truck
tumblr_mbp68jrXVL1rig8nho1_500.jpg

At KOi Fusion we're serving up new ideas. Come experience an innovative and funky fusion of Korean BBQ and fresh Mexican flavors. Our tacos, burritos, and Seoul sliders were all inspired by combining Mama Kwon’s succulent barbecued meats with grilled tortillas and fresh vegetables to create a delicious new twist that's uniquely Portland, Oregon.
221754_535300429847294_582244107_n.jpg

The Tonkin's are raffling off a brand new car!! Yes you read that right, the Tonkin's and the Make A Wish foundation have teamed up to raffle off a brand new Fiat! Tickets will be sold for $30/each and you will be entered to win a new Fiat, Kia Soul or Ducati!!
mini%20jpeg.jpg

We are also going to be giving away some amazing prizes this year from Honda parts to restaurant gift cards! Our ticket booth will be set up next to DJ Mike's tent. All tickets will be a donation of $2 ea or 6 for $10! There is no limit, buy as many as you'd like, after all, the proceeds are going to a great cause :thumbup: .

You will be able buy tickets for either s2000 items or general merchandise items (or both :thumbup:) from the sweepstakes Tent with Annie and Sukie! Prizes will be drawn throughout the day
7674476042_08ce70aaa8_n.jpg
7674473596_5207c61a89_n.jpg

Spokes Models
We've been very lucky in the past to have some amazing help with the event and to raise money for a good cause, this year is no different. Headlining the event will be none other than international model/actress/cover girl Dannie Riel from Vancouver BC. With a combined following of over 1,000,000 fans following her through social networks, we can't thank her enough to take time away from her busy international travel schedule to bring awareness to a great fundraiser!
dannie2_zps995c301e.png
dannie3_zps31fd29e0.jpg
dannie1_zps8df1bcc1.jpg

And back to help us again this year from Seattle is Nexus tire model; Annie Anaya!

7674472626_11ce0eccc1_n.jpg
ccb2044c9b5e8507810edfcce318112c.jpeg

Last edited:
981570_10100687031195968_458444425_o.jpg
There are now 40 s2000's and 4 NSX's amongst all the other cars that will be in attendance.

Looking forward to more :)

So, who's coming to this event? I will be there. Should be a family-friendly event so bring your family along :)

Here's some updated visuals. If anyone has any questions please let me know. I assure you the NSX's will have separate parking. I could really use your support. Many fun prizes to raffle off too!

947056_10100698565086958_760816805_n.jpg

Better come so there will be for next year ;)

Looks like my friend has committed to coming up. I met with him on Sat. Prizes from Snap On, Honda, Salt and Straw, Flying Pie Pizza, Voodoo Doughnuts and more!

Parking diagram!
1009736_10100726075286298_1179414919_n.jpg

Great event, thanks for organizing, Ira. Too bad there was only 2 NSXs there - John's and mine. :)

Back