• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

RPS Single Disc Clutch

Is there anyone out there that has the RPS Single Disc Clutch? I have a 1991 5 speed and plan to add headers, exhaust and ECU. I would like to reduce rotating mass while maintaining drivability. I have no plans for forced induction.

Michael Barlin said:
Is there anyone out there that has the RPS Single Disc Clutch? I have a 1991 5 speed and plan to add headers, exhaust and ECU. I would like to reduce rotating mass while maintaining drivability. I have no plans for forced induction.

Look into the Exedy Hyper Single disc as well.

http://www.racingparaphenalia.com/NSXexedyclutchpage.html

Michael Barlin said:

Shane at Autowave (Huntington Beach) installed this clutch in my NSX and I have been very pleased with its performance:

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/drivetrain_performance_products/NSX/RPS/

The clutch requires significant pedal effort (especially in first gear to avoid stalling the car). There is some shuddering during the initial break-in period. The clutch engages in a predictable fashion and it is able to handle the power of forced induction.

Thanks you for the quick response. There is nothing like hearing from an actual user.

The fact that you have this clutch in your car gives it a lot of credibility. Every detail of your car shows that tremendous thought was put into the choice of each component. I want to get as much horse power as possible without going to forced induction and this clutch seems to fit my parameters very well. How long was the break in period? Where does the clutch engage? I have still not gotten used to the high engagement of the OEM clutch.

Anyone else out there have this clutch?

Please post your experience with the install, break in and performance.
Is your car equipped with forced induction? Did you purchase your clutch from SOS? I think they are the best and a gift to the NSX community.

Back