• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

RS-R Exhaust

I miss the RS-R exhaust I had on my 91' - the 99' is too quiet.

Anyone know if RS-R makes an exhaust for a 99? IMHO, the RS-R had a good mix of louder-than-stock at idle, but not excessive cabin noise at highway speed. It also had a an aggressive sound at WOT. I'm not interested in an always-on fart-can sound. Not that there's anything wrong with fart-can sounds...

Any suggestions?

DaveG

I bought a new RS-R for my 91 and love it. The place I bought it from said it could be used on a newer NSX with the addition of a couple adapter pipes. Hope this helps. Chris

DaveG said:
I miss the RS-R exhaust I had on my 91' - the 99' is too quiet.

Anyone know if RS-R makes an exhaust for a 99? IMHO, the RS-R had a good mix of louder-than-stock at idle, but not excessive cabin noise at highway speed. It also had a an aggressive sound at WOT. I'm not interested in an always-on fart-can sound. Not that there's anything wrong with fart-can sounds...

Any suggestions?

DaveG

I love my RS-R for the exact same reasons you describe above. :smile:

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it :biggrin: ) I will have have to get rid of my RS-R exhaust (quad tip). If you are interested in it, it will be up for sale soon really cheap. Right now it's on a '91 (see my gallery for pics) but I think it can be adapted to fit a '99.

We can supply this exhaust with adaptor pipes if you are interested.

I'd recommend holding out for the new ARK DT-X exhaust however. It's nearly half the price, has the same quad tip design, and very streetable like RS-R.

We will be offering an introductory price at the end of this week.

take care,
-- Chris

This is of the topic a little, I just ordered the GT-Rom F1 Titan Exhaust v.2 (titanium), this thing is mean, and it sounds like an F1 car. If you e-mail me, I'll send you an clip for it. The price is right too, half of Arc exhaust.

Back