• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Run of the Bulls - Florida version?

we should try to get an exotic car drive from like Miami/Ft Lauderdale to like Naples or Ft Myers.. Maybe stay at a hotel over there...

I was looking at some pics on previous events and they are freaking awesome.. that would kick ass.

just a thought.. i am sure I can round up friends with cars.. mainly porcshes and a couple of ferraris.

Dring the last drive/meeting me and Rob kicked the idea around about a drive to Naples or Ft Meyers, maybe even to Orlando and meet up with the NSXers up there. Maybe at the next local meet we can get a few dates and then work to get accomodations.

Or we can do

This

Last edited:
I know a few people in the Ferrari and Lamborghini clubs down here. I'll get in touch with them and see what they say.

Is there a specific activity that you are interested in? It would be nice if we were able to get 10-15 NSXer's as well as 10-15 Ferrari/Lamborghini guys also. And, do you want to make it a weekend trip with any events to participate in?

I have no problem trying to arrange it, but I'll need a few good weekend choices and with the holidays coming up it may be a better idea to have it in early '04. In the meantime, if anyone is interested in a x-mas gtg let me know.

-Doc

I agree with the dates.. Plus, the weather gets real nice down here in Jan/Feb.. I have some people who are in PCA (Porsche Club of America)...

I haven't given it much thought in terms of events but my wife is an events manager/coordinator for a very well known magazine so she knows how to plan events.. All we need to do is think of stuff to do.. I guess we could do a weekend thing like to the Registry or Ritz Carlton in Naples.. Both nice hotels and I-75 is nice and open for all us with minimum threat by 18 wheelers, etc..

I am in for the X-mas gtg..

I think January or February would be good as its hard to get away during the holidays. We are always up for a weekend getaway let me know if we can help with anything.

Armando

Okay Julian....We'll put your wife in charge for the weekend getaway when we plan it. I'd say Jan/Feb would be a good time as Armando suggested. Let's try for a December lunch/drive around the weekend of the 13th or 20th to somewhere in Ft. Lauderdale with good parking. (Sawgrass comes to my mind first.)

If you guys do a West Coast cruise, I have a condo over there. It's too small for that many people to stay in (3 beds/3 baths), but we can play all the golf we want on the beautiful 36 hole course they have at my place for cart fees (i have one cart already).

Also, its a 5 minute drive from Sanibel Island.

Let's get an NSX gathering in Orlando.

I was riding with the Prowler club a few weeks ago, and they had 21 prowlers participate, most from the WPB/Ft. Lauderdale area cruise up to Mt. Dora.

Mt. Dora is a small town about 25 miles NW of Orlando.

I cruised with them along the road course up Sugar Loaf Mt. and then we all lunched along the water at Mt. Dora. Good time!

If interested, I can get something going after the new year for the NSX group.

Yellownsx1960 said:
I believe photos from the Prowler "Tour de Dora" can be viewed at:

http://www.prowleronline.com/scrapbook/neweventview.php?id=350

Hey, how are those prowlers performance wise?

I was driving back from Moon Fest a few weekends ago and ran into one of these on the turnpike. I was rolling along at about 75 on the turnpike as I was passing an on ramp. I saw it coming on from the on-ramp. It screamed up rapidly. Before I reacted and got on it in 3rd, it passed me by about 2 car lengths. I closed the gap and was passing it pretty soundly before hitting 4th gear. not sure how fast we were going (110 in 3rd sound possible for a stock 3.2 liter?)

I thought those prowlers were faster than that. maybe not at higher speeds

anyway,

I'd love to ride along with the next gathering. I'm curious to hear some of the exhausts you all are running.

The prowlers are stock at 252 hp, 6cyl.
They only weigh 2900 lbs, so they are nimble.

The front fenders vibrate over 110mph, my experience.
They are more for show than go.

Some guys run nitros or supercharge them.
I think they have run in low 11's

There is a good amount of prowlers in Ft. Lauderdale-WPB area.

Go to www.prowleronline.com to find out more.

Back