• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

S2000 AP1 vs AP2 video

Look like both run similar time. AP1 slightly faster lap time.

AP1-carry speed faster through turns (obvious)
AP2-blast out of corner exit faster, pulling away on every exit

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DuTtLYhFJT4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DuTtLYhFJT4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

BMW M3 vs BMW M5 vs Mazda RX8 vs Honda S2000 vs Nissan 350z:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nKFSpXm8-Vg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nKFSpXm8-Vg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Those are both AP2s. :)

I'm not sure of the extent of the suspension changes on the Japanese cars between MY05 and MY06 but I don't think they were as drastic as the changes between the AP1 and AP2.

edit- The one in the second vid was an AP1. That was a strange race. :redface:

Last edited:
Those are both AP2s. :)

I'm not sure of the extent of the suspension changes on the Japanese cars between MY05 and MY06 but I don't think they were as drastic as the changes between the AP1 and AP2.

The AP2 was first introduced in Japan in 2006.

I have this Best Motoring DVD and they are comparing the 2005 F20C and 2006 F22C.

I personally own a EDM 2006 S2K with an F20C engine.

Wow. You are correct. I guess I can't argue with a VIN. :D

And I found this while searching for a variation in the Japanese-market cars.

I swear everything I've read up until now indicated that we all got AP2s in MY04. Oh well. :redface:

I sat down on the new 2007 S2000, it doesn't have the same feel of the AP1. =(

Would still love to own one someday though, only AP1s though.

niM

I wonder if there's any changes to the chasis and suspension for the 04 05 that still have F20c engine.
The only F20C I've driven are the 00s and I thought they're kinda twitchy.
I drove a 05 w/F22c at the autox and thought the suspension setup is just right, they might be a bit understeer for street driving as another member point out in another post. however I do miss that 9k rpm on F20c.
I might be in the market for a s2k but I'm currently torn deciding between 03 or 04.

Wow. You are correct. I guess I can't argue with a VIN. :D

And I found this while searching for a variation in the Japanese-market cars.

I swear everything I've read up until now indicated that we all got AP2s in MY04. Oh well. :redface:

NP it's a very common mistake :biggrin:

I wonder if there's any changes to the chasis and suspension for the 04 05 that still have F20c engine.
The only F20C I've driven are the 00s and I thought they're kinda twitchy.
I drove a 05 w/F22c at the autox and thought the suspension setup is just right, they might be a bit understeer for street driving as another member point out in another post. however I do miss that 9k rpm on F20c.
I might be in the market for a s2k but I'm currently torn deciding between 03 or 04.

I think it was in 2002 or 2004 (not sure) when they "detuned" the suspension.

My car is much more liveable than MY00. Steering , suspension and chassis feel makes it more of an DD car candidate. You are correct about the understeer, but I fixed that with better tires and now I get more of an neutral feel. MY00 is more prone to oversteer rather than understeer so they turned that around after many complaint and crashes.

MY00 is often considered the best year to create the ultimate track S2K. Later models have been made more civilized.

IMO: F20C is much more of an car enthusiast engine. Higher revs and totally keeps you aware of that you have to keep the revs up to enjoy it.

Back