• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

S2000 lovers check it out. Club racer version for 08!

any chance of a hardtop?

I have a '00 model (with a glass window and upgraded center console). You're right. All newer S2000s feel softer.
My '01 had the glass, too. That was the only part worth upgrading to me. Well, that and the newer banjo bolts. I often think of buying an '03 (even though that would put a sizeable dent in my NSX fund :D ) and one of the first mods it would get would be the '00-'01 center console carpet. You can still get it new from Honda. :)

To all:

I'm sorry to have started an AP1/AP2 debate. I only said that any "club racer" Honda releases would be better without DBW (fact) and better without a clutch delay valve (fact). I then threw in my opinion that an F20C would likely be more suited to a "club racer." I had no idea it would get this out of hand.

All the AP2 defenders can relax. I didn't mean to hurt feelings.

One last note about suspension improvements:

Snap oversteer = operator error. Simple as that.
But since Honda couldn't fix drivers they "fixed" the cars. It was the start of a watering-down process that I personally don't care for. Hopefully they'll see fit to put the grown-man suspension into the "club racers" and only sell them to customers who have proven they can at the very least exit the highway without backing into a retaining wall.

My fingers are crossed.

This thread is worthless without pics! :D

To Dave22,

Those who honed their skills in the 2000-2001 AP1 before they drove the AP2 would agree with you how Honda emasculated the S2k with the AP2 (flame suit on - Hey, I'm an AP2 owner too :D). The Club Racer ver. should go back to the core roots of how Mr. Uehara, father of both NSX and S2k, originally intended them to be, but go a step further by tuning the chassis more agressively and get rid of unecessary weight where it serves little or no purpose in track cars.

Last edited:
Anybody that can find both CR specs. and spy shots beforehand? :smile:

...The CB ver. should go back to the core roots of how Mr. Uehara, father of both NSX and S2k, originally intended them to be, but go a step further by tuning the chassis more agressively and get rid of unecessary weight where it serves little or no purpose in track cars.

Couldn't agree more with the above for the CR.

It would seem that by releasing a CR S2000 before model retirement, Honda gives the impression that the anticipated next generation S car replacement will continue to cater to enthusiasts.

you guys are forgetting the most crucial topic: what's the dealership markup going to be??? You figure the car is going to be more than the $33,xxx price... so let's say anywhere from $35k~$39k? Then comes the dealership markup for this rare version.. ugh.

After markup, i don't feel as if this is going to be such a value anymore.

240->260hp
Something in the 4.5-4.7 range for final drive
Decrease curb weight by at least 150lbs
Add 2-3 grand
Sign me up.

But considering it's Honda...
240->240hp
They'll make 3rd gear shorter, maybe 2nd and 3rd
Decrease curb weight by 50lbs
Add 5-8 grand.
No thanks.

Speculation is running high on both the S2ki.com and vtec.net boards.

We've got about thirteen days to wait and see if this is the S2000 equivalent of the fabled NSX-R. Here's hoping:biggrin:

We've got about thirteen days to wait and see if this is the S2000 equivalent of the fabled NSX-R. Here's hoping:biggrin:

Im so excited but Id hate to have to buy another car:biggrin:

Im so excited but Id hate to have to buy another car:biggrin:

"Kid" I think you've passed the Type R stage on your S2K a long time ago:biggrin:

Oh my gawd! what is wrong with Honda! I'm sooo not getting rid of my current S2000. What a disapointment! Oh well maybe they'll import the Civic type R sedan ,because I just don't know of anything else I would buy from them:frown:

Pictures are bit past 1/2 way down.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=471604&st=675

just about what everyone predicted realistically, same power, revised suspension, a slight diet, different interior. No one was excpecting how goofy it would look though. On a positive note, after removing the wing you will lose another 15lbs or so at least and it already comes with excellent tires [NSX-R tires].

Yeah the tires are really a plus for us. Tirerack should start to carry these sizes now and we can have the NSX-R tires stateside finally!

I love it and I want one:biggrin:

Yeah the tires are really a plus for us. Tirerack should start to carry these sizes now and we can have the NSX-R tires stateside finally!

According to vtec.net, the front aspect ratio of the tires is different than what we need on our cars! 215/45-17 for S2K, 215/40-17 for NSX. :frown: So we are SO CLOSE to getting easy availability of NSX-R tires, but not quite there. So unless Bridgestone decides to expand the tire size availability, or you are willing to go oversize a bit in the front...

s2k_cr_1280_05.jpg

s2k_cr_1280_03.jpg

s2k_cr_1280_02.jpg

According to vtec.net, the front aspect ratio of the tires is different than what we need on our cars! 215/45-17 for S2K, 215/40-17 for NSX. :frown: So we are SO CLOSE to getting easy availability of NSX-R tires, but not quite there. So unless Bridgestone decides to expand the tire size availability, or you are willing to go oversize a bit in the front...

Dang it! Nice catch Gansan. I wonder how much a difference the 45's would make?

Wow S2ki.com guys are really trashing this car!

Last edited:
what a disappointing effort :frown:

Amen. I loved both of my S2000's and would happily own another if I wanted a roadster. But this think looks like rolling ass.

Back