• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

s2000 rear torque

Question guys: my neighbor and i were driving one another's cars, mine being a 95 nsx T, hers a 2000 S2000. She has some nasty pulling to the left on acceleration only. Allignment is perfect as per recent check, plus drives straight as an arrow if not accelerating. Over the last 2 months, her right rear tire is now practically bald, the others are fine. The car only has 13K miles. Any way to fix that rear torque? What the hell could be causing it?? Never been in an accident. Thanks.

Maybe you could find more info on the S2000 forums... I think this belongs in off-topic..

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

Sounds like it might be a bad limited slip differential (if it even had LSD). Then again, I'm not sure that explains the tire wear. I'd have the entire right rear suspension checked very carefully. It may have lose adjustment points or bad bushings or joints that allow it to shift under load. If you follow along watching that corner as she romps on it you may even be able to see things shift.

Back