• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

S2000 vs. RSX

Why is it that the S2000 became the surrogate 'little brother' to the NSX rather than the RSX?

On this forum, it's always the S2k that seems to be the next best, less expensive, thing to the NSX.

Is it performance? Mod capabilities? Is it the fact that the S2K primarily caters to an older more mature crowd like the NSX? (Don't turn this into a young v. old thread please... I know the age group here is rather diverse)
Is the RSX too much of a 'kids car'?

Discuss...

My guess is because the S2000 is Honda's only other RWD vehicle

My guess is because the S2000 is Honda's only other RWD vehicle

Stock for stock, the S2000 is faster and deffinetly RWD is preferred.
Performance mod wise, the RSX has much greater potential ; I think there is a company that builds a NA RSX to rev over 10K/11K RPM and produces 300 NA RWHP! :eek:

The RSX nonetheless is a very capable car, and cheaper.
I also think the sytling on the S2k is cooler, and more unique. You see more RSX's than S2Ks, and less likeley to be labeled a 'ricer'...

Just my 2 cents..

i sold my rsx for the nsx. it is definately a kids car now that the prices have dropped. the s2k was going to be my after rsx car. it didn't feel as fast since the rsx is geared and tuned to scream in the top end but it felt more like a grow up car as opposed to a nicely optioned civic.

the s2k, like the nsx, is not easy to get power out of like the rsx but i would rather have nsx > s2k > rsx.

Stock for stock, the S2000 is faster and deffinetly RWD is preferred.
Performance mod wise, the RSX has much greater potential ; I think there is a company that builds a NA RSX to rev over 10K/11K RPM and produces 300 NA RWHP! :eek:

The RSX nonetheless is a very capable car, and cheaper.
I also think the sytling on the S2k is cooler, and more unique. You see more RSX's than S2Ks, and less likeley to be labeled a 'ricer'...

Just my 2 cents..

Yeah I think the company is called Hi-tech. The kit was for sale for $9000k, I remember, including crazy 'F1 inspired' tuning parts.

Yeah I think the company is called Hi-tech. The kit was for sale for $9000k, I remember, including crazy 'F1 inspired' tuning parts.

i know IPS built some crazy ones when i had one as well...

The RSX has back seats. :biggrin:

NSX / S2K = No back seats.

Im a stubborn old bastard, so I don't consider any car with a back seat a true sports car, regardless of how it handles or how fast or how many hp it has. A sports car is not supposed to be used as a means of transportation for multiple people. The people in the back seats need to quit mooching and get their own car. One person in the passenger seat is about it. Yeah I know the 911's have a back seat, but I think thats a marketing scheme to get a bigger market share by psychologically rationalizing the car. Because the Turbo's and GT2, 3, deleted the back seats. "look hunny, this car is fast AND has a back seat."

Just my two cents.

Why is it that the S2000 became the surrogate 'little brother' to the NSX rather than the RSX?
For me personally, S2K is easier on my eyes, it is a classier looking car with ability to go top down. I have not yet driven an RSX. I can't comment about the fun factor on a car I have not yet driven. IMHO S2K is hard to beat even for a NSX or Supra if we are talking about pure fun factor, not speed. As for looks, beauty is in the eyes of beholder. This one is almost one sided even if you ask RSX owners.

500~10000hp RSX is still an RSX, just like a 1000hp mustang is still a mustang. Money is the only limiting factor when it comes to power on any car.

Excuse me. Nothing to do with you at all. I just always fall for this kind of discussions.

I thought Hytech's kit put out about 264rwhp on a Dynopack dyno. Not that 300rwhp is all that. It is however quite amazing if it can achieve 300rwhp all motor out of K20A while not on professional race team sponsored budget. if anyone have the graph and list of mods I would love to see it. No professional race car dyno graphs please.

Video of Hytech: (to view, right click, save target as)
http://video.vtec.net/03/semaias/03sema_ias_hytech-01.mpg

Hytech vs. bolt-ons.
http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-article?article_id=101836

I wonder is there RSX engine internal part left other than the block by the time they reach 300rwhp on a non dyna pack dyno (not that they all dyno high, but most do, dynoing without the wheel and tire, it is got to read a bit higher than other dynos). At least the ones I have seen are closer to the power at flywheel. Vance's NSX probably dyno 340~350 at Church Automotive, lol

Church's automotives Dyna pack is well known to give out extremely generous hp to hundreds of S2K and RSX. Don't take my word for it. Ask any RSX or S2K owners. Look at all those high power NA S2Ks and RSXs on that particular dyno and compare it to other graphs of cars with same mods on dynoject, dynodynamic, mustang dyno.

This is Clubrsx's dyno number thread:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=299528
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=337093

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=459768

Offtopic:
Excuse my "e-knowledge". Yes, I don't know much about S2K (even as owner of the car and collection of 4 S2K hyper revs that I don't even bother reading) or RSX. I have no interest of dumping money modding this car "yet", so no need to learn beyond more than e-knowledge. If you are that one individual that have problem with me, I typed it here, because I know you will read it. I urge you to come up to me and hit me with your best shot, you got a chance this coming Thursday evening (you know who you are). I guarantee I will not call police. Just you and me.

Discuss...

I'd say because the S2000 sits lower, is a two seater and is incredibly rev-happy. Never driven one, but I've sat in them in showrooms. My RSX Type S is a fantastic car, but the seating position is a bit high and lots of folks make the justifiable comparison to the Civic.

Still loads of fun to drive, and the jump into vtec-land at 6K has pretty good punch. I've got a K&N intake on mine and the sound as vtec comes into play is awesome. 200 hp under my right foot seems just right for this car.

And just for the record, I'm no young kid. Don't need the back seats, but the hatchback sees frequent use, especially being a homeowner.

Back