• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sac Raceway or Infineon anyone (Wed. May 3rd)?

I am curious as to what my car will trap in the 1/4 after installing the CTSC. I know the NSX isn't made to drag race, but curiousity is getting the best of me (hopefully I don't get flamed for this :smile: ). I was only planning on doing a few passes and not participate in the elimination runs. Anyone interested in heading up to either Sac Raceway or Infineon on Wednesday, May 3rd?

Sound interesting! What time do they open?
Yesterday 17:05

I believe Infineon opens at 3:30 PM and Sac Raceway at 4 PM. We will probably have a better chance at getting more runs in before eliminations begin at Sac Raceway. Let me know if you are interested. I live in Fairfield so if you are coming from the city we can meet up by my place and head out to Sac. Anyone else interested??? :smile:

you should goto the Test and Tune-Gates open 9:30am, Testing 12noon-4pm, $50 car/driver at Sac I use to take my audi s4 there. You should be able to get 4 to 7 runs. The track tends to be better then Infineon. Im might be up for takeing my CTSC NSX there but i may be out of the country then.

Test and Tune at Sacramento Raceway is usually on Friday evenings from 6pm till 10pm. The cost is probably $50 and I have gotten as many as 13 runs by 9pm.

Just have to deal with the Sacramento traffic on a Friday late afternoon is an ordeal in itself. Redline Rex lives in Sac and will probably join you guys that are interested in going.

If there is enough interest, I might go and see if I can beat my best of 13.2 at 106mph.

I'll probably be there, but I'll be in my Turbo Buick.... like its been said, the nsx isn't as impressive at a drag car.

Gates open at 3:30, $20 to run. bracket racing usually starts between 5 and 6, get as many runs in before that as you can. I try to be there before the gates open, you can usually get in a good amount of runs before the bracket racing starts.

I'm putting this on my calendar as tentaive. I'm from Sac and I used to hang at the raceway back in the day (early 90's). I might just take a day or two off and head to the raceway if you all go.

Does anyone know if I can get into the pits with my NSX if I don't run? Even if I can't, I'll pay the $20 anyway - just don't want to park my NSX outside.

Nalesh,

If you pay, you might as well take her for a couple of runs to see what she will do. Taking off the line is kind of a tricky thing where if you rev over 3K rpm, you will most likely spin the tires but if you launch under 2.5K, you will most likely bog the car. I find that if I rev it between 2.5 to 3K and then feather out the clutch to the point where you can feel the tires just break loose, you will get a pretty good 0-60' time. The best I got was a 2.0xx 0-60' with my street tires. Now that I am running race compound tires in the rear, I wonder if I can get a 1.9xx :rolleyes:

Alot of people say the NSX is not a 1/4 mile car and they are correct. But running your car in the 1/4 mile is a very good indication of what you, personally as a driver, can do with your car and also gives you some indication of the amount of horsepower you really have. It doesn't matter what information you have read in various publications on the 0-60mph and 1/4 mile times, don't you want to know what you can do? :eek:

When I first got my car, I had a K&N FIPK and Comptech exhaust and I ran with my stock 225/50/16 tires and turned a best of 13.6xx at 103 mph. Then I changed over to a Cantrell AIS and Unifilter in my stock airbox and also added Comptech headers and ran with my heavy 18x10" wheels with 275/35/18 S02's and turned a best of 13.2xx at 106 mph.

I was extremely happy that I gained both a faster ET as well as added 3 mph to my trap speed. That probably equates to about an extra 20 horsepower from the upgrades that I did.

Believe me, your NSX is not going to break if you do a couple of 1/4 mile passes. If there is enough people going, I will take the afternoon off and join you. Keep me posted.

This looks promising! Like Sidney said, forget about what all of the magazines say, I am curious about what I can do with my car, especially after the CTSC. I figure I should do it at least once. Should we get a list started on who is planning on being there? I'll be the first...:biggrin:

1. Ryan1926

Infineon is closer than Sacramento. I am assuming the information will be:

Infineon Raceway on Wednesday May 3rd leaving the Bay Area at 1pm so we can get there early and get more runs in before bracket racing starts.

For those who feel a little intimidated with bracket racing and the crowds that are usually there, we can also think about the Test and Tune on Saturdays from 12 noon to 4pm at Sacramento Raceway. There are probably alot less people watching so you don't have to feel bad if you have a few bad runs. You can check their schedule at www.Sacramentoraceway.com

I will try to schedule my appointments around Weds. 5/3. Count me in and if anything changes, I will let you know. I personally would prefer to go on a Saturday to the Test and Tune. I have a few friends that have been talking about taking their cars out and I think we can get a pretty good turnout.

Sacramento Raceway has test and tune for the month of April on the 8th, 15th and 29th. There is a Grudgefest on 4/15 so there will probably be more people and cars there. Let me know if any of those dates can work.

Hey all, if you guy decide to hit up Sac Raceway I'll make it out for a few passes. Wed nites are pretty mild, I went out there a couple weeks ago and all the people were friendly. My suggestion, run in the "Street Legal / Street Machine" lanes. Keeps things interesting running against the muscle cars rather than other imports.:wink:
Also, remember to bring a helmet.:cool:

Mariner,
Where are you located? I'm interested in your Turbo Buick setup. I have a Syclone with a PT63 and new A2A ... interested in if you are running alky on pump gas and how your setup is tuned. Please PM me if you get a chance.

I don't know about you guys but my friends and I would rather go to Sacramento Raceway on a Saturday from 12-4pm. Spectators are $20 and racers are $50. I figure we can leave the Bay Area around 9:00 and drive into Sac. Get some lunch and then head over to the track around 11:00-11:30 to settle in and get in line to get in our first runs at 12 noon when they start. The gates open at 9:30am. It will have to be either Saturday 4/8 or Saturday 4/29.
I might also join you guys at Infineon but just wondering if anyone is interested in going any of those two dates that I just mentioned. Please let me know.

I might also join you guys at Infineon but just wondering if anyone is interested in going any of those two dates that I just mentioned. Please let me know.

Unfortunately I can't make it to either of those days. I will be in Singapore on the 8th and at the AutoAffair event on the 29th. What about the Saturday after the 29th? As far as the 3rd of May, let me know if it you guys want to go to Infineon or Sac. I think we will get more runs at Sac.

ryan1926,
the last few times i made it out to sac raceway on a wed nite i got 2-3 time trials before elims started around 7p. i strongly recommend getting there by 4:30 to get thru tech inspections early enough to not miss your first run. i have not been to infineon/sears point in years so i do not know how many time trials you will get there before eliminations. as may 3rd approaches, please PM me so i remember to make it out there to run with you.

Litespeeds,
i can probably make either of the test-n-tune dates, just need to know a little ahead of time. keep me posted on what date(s) the others are leaning towards.

I'm still on the tentative list for Sac Raceway on May 3rd. I plan to be there, but will probably need to meet you up there since I take I-5 to Sac.

Back