• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

salvaged title nsx?? whats it worth

i understand its whatever a buyer is willing to pay. but i was just wondering what it is worth.. the guy is looking for high 40's. and i thought it was crazy.. its a beautifull car. but not sure the price

i understand its whatever a buyer is willing to pay. but i was just wondering what it is worth.. the guy is looking for high 40's. and i thought it was crazy.. its a beautifull car. but not sure the price

Pictures would be helpful... a 2002, repaired correctly, with tasteful modifications... I could easily see it selling for high 40's to the right buyer.

Rule of thumb is 15-30% less than what an equivalent clean title car would sell for. But markets will vary.

Looking at a used car as well built as the nsx really takes a careful look.If you don't you can potentialy have this happen http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=847232#post847232 So those pics you posted do little for us in estimating the vallue.The nsx community is pretty small and through this site and nsxca many nsx's that are owned have known histories.I'm sure if you post in the regional forum where the car is located someone knows about it.My ? would be what happened to the car to be labeled salvage.

I usually go to KBB.com and use there low book value. Thats what a salvage nsx is worth. Then add the mods in the equation. Mods installed are worth about 50% of what they are new. So if it books for 20k. and it has 15k in mods. I would say its worth 27.5k

i would think that the buyer did not want to buy the original parts because there allot more $$ then aftermarket and thats why he put the widebody kit on it

ok i see where your coming from.. the car is in great cond . i do know the owner and history of the car. he hit a electric gate with it one night. and then after that had happend he did all the mods to it. widebody, new front, wheels, custom stereo. everything was done top notch

It's always helpful to know the extent of the damage for it to have the insurance salvage it out.

Can you please provide more information about the electric gate accident? It must have been a little more than just the gate closing or a small incident. Make sure you get the whole story, because its not making sense to me.

You should also keep in mind that you might have trouble getting full cover insurance for this car, that's of course if you wanted full coverage. Not a lot of insurance will full cover a salvage car. And the ones that do, actually will charge you more for insurance than if that same car was not salvage. Plus, they will only payout 50% of the vehicle value if it was in another completely totaled accident or theft.

If you dont buy it pm me the info if you dont mind. I would say 40-42k is a decent buy if it is repaired correctly. Salvage title cars are tricky make damn sure you know what your looking for.

this is my best friends sisters husband. he makes crazy money and fixed the car to best that could be done.. he lives in a very nice neighborhood that has the gates that open.. the gate was closed one night after a long day for him. he was drinking alittle and the gate was closed and he thought it was open. and kinda like crunch..

Yeah, running into a closed metal gate could cause enough damage to total an NSX, but its always a money game. I've owned plenty of salvaged vehicles over the years but most were labeled salvaged later in life, meaning, they had depreciated quite a bit before being damaged. If a car is salvaged (due to damage) and its only a couple years old, you know there was a LOT of damage. On the other hand, if you buy a (typical) car that's five or more years old, they could be salvaged with very little damage. Its all based on the money ratio and what's best for the insurance company.

There are quite a few vehicles that have a salvage history but were never damaged. Bought through acquisition, junk titles, etc.

Dan

Did he buy the car back from the insurance company?

From my understanding if the insurance fixes the car, even with extensive damage, it won't have the salvage title. How did it get the salvage title.

Do you know what was damaged on the car? How fast was he going? Was there frame and structural damage? Who did the repairs?

You can't let appearences keep you from doing your due diligence on the car. I wouldn't care if the guy makes $50 million a year and says he spends every dollar on it, you still have to do a PPI before you buy the car. Never take someone word on it, it's your money and you have to protect yourself at all times.

But that car sure looks nice. I hope it turns out well for you.

the only way you will get a salvage title is if the car was sold in a salvage auction

if he got the car from the insurance it would not have a salvage title

if it's salvage due to water... maybe
if it's a salvage due to an accident - no thanks.

if he is the one that wrecked it, he has pictures. find them.
and since you know the guy, you can find out a lot more about it. you could even have him get info from the ins company, repair records, etc.
if he's so rich, he won't mind you giving him what it's really worth.

don't be timid when you buy a car -esp a salvage car.

oh ya if this is the car that i plan on getting then i will deffinatly have the whole car checked out and get pictures of everything. i'll be calling him today to get the whole scoop. he just mentioned to me that he was thinking of selling it. so we didn't get into detail.. so i will keep you guys posted

Back