• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Samsung LED

I just bought a Samsung Plasma at Circuit City a couple of months ago at a killer price due to going out of business sale and now they come out with this type of TV.:rolleyes:
I don't want to know about it especially if it is better than the one I just bought. :mad:(sarcasm).

It looks pretty damn awesome to me! The color look great and blacks are nice. I haven't read any reviews yet, but it is pretty awesome technology. The one thing it does NOT have is LED Local Dimming. This actually shuts off the LED when a scene is black so you get very dark blacks. Not sure how perfected that is yet. Maybe that is why they left it off.

The big question is do you really need a TV that thin, or would one an inch thicker for $1000 less be Ok for you.

Last edited:
I just got an LED DLP Samsung tv a few months ago and love it. I know it's not the exact same technology as the flat panel LED, but I can tell a difference between my DLP and others that aren't LED backlit.

I wouldn't be afraid of it. It's a solid TV that will give you the same enjoyment a regular LCD would. There are some great deals right now on regular LCDs. If you really want the ultra-thin and are willing to spend the extra money for it, go for it. However, you can have the same size for a lot less if you don't mind it being a few inches in thickness. There are flat mounts out there that add less than an inch of thickness mounted on the wall.

I just helped a buddy install this at his house. Stupidly thin and pretty damn light. Picture quality is amazing. We also installed the matching soundbar and bluray player with it.

The thing is, it generates virtually no heat unlike my almost new LG LCD. I'm curious about energy consumpsion since it's LED. 49" was $2199.00.

You got me excited for a second, until I realized the letter "O" missing.

I'm waiting for the larger OLED TV. I bought the sony 11 inched a year ago and it is impressive. Just waiting for the bigger version to come out.

You got me excited for a second, until I realized the letter "O" missing.

I'm waiting for the larger OLED TV. I bought the sony 11 inched a year ago and it is impressive. Just waiting for the bigger version to come out.

OLED is still a long way away. I think Samsung said 5 years still.

OLED will be what every display uses right down to the speedo in your car to the screen in your cell phone. OLED is amazing. I will be replacing my plasma in the bedroom with the led set once the plasma goes bad, it's fairly old. Buy the led and enjoy it.

Yes it was. I did'nt notice the red on it though. Guess we'll go have another another look Sat.

I didn't see a difference between my LG 52inch 120hz LCD vs the Samsung LED except that it's eco friendly and skinny like my ex gf! I'd say save the money and buy yourself a good 120hz LCD. Also you can purchase the HDTV Calibration DVD to help tune your set (Monster Cable/Avia II). The factory settings are set at High to attract the consumers.

Back