• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

San Antonio Monthly Coffee and Rides Meet

Hey guys thanks for coming to Coffee and Rides. Apparently someone complained about a few NSX drivers revving their engines and racing through the lot. I didn't see it or hear it but if it did happen all we ask is to please not do that stuff in the parking lot, we really don't want to get kicked out and have to find a new location for this meet up.

Dont think we were revving the engines, it was probably Ko-nsx's exhaust.. Its pretty loud at low-medium rev. We will push the cars out of the parking lot next time..:tongue:

It was a great time, amazing weather, and an awesome turn out. Thanks:biggrin:

Hey guys thanks for coming to Coffee and Rides. Apparently someone complained about a few NSX drivers revving their engines and racing through the lot. I didn't see it or hear it but if it did happen all we ask is to please not do that stuff in the parking lot, we really don't want to get kicked out and have to find a new location for this meet up.

someone always has to complain about something :rolleyes: ....i wonder how they thought we were 'racing' through a packed parking lot with cars and pedestrians...but whatever....what gets me is that we came in two groups (two arrived first, and five were a few minutes away) and there was a jackass in a jaguar who gave my female companion some lip because he wanted to park where the rest of the nsxs were going to park....he said "we're a car club" and acted like our nsxs didn't have our own group of members....in fact, when this happened, the other nsxs were already in the parking lot trying to make their way to our parking area...it's not the first car meetup i've been to and i understand there is some etiquette to follow, but to me, a shitty attitude like that should carry more weight than an incident with what may or may not have happened with a loud exhaust....just my 2 cents....

someone always has to complain about something :rolleyes: ....i wonder how they thought we were 'racing' through a packed parking lot with cars and pedestrians...but whatever....what gets me is that we came in two groups (two arrived first, and five were a few minutes away) and there was a jackass in a jaguar who gave my female companion some lip because he wanted to park where the rest of the nsxs were going to park....he said "we're a car club" and acted like our nsxs didn't have our own group of members....in fact, when this happened, the other nsxs were already in the parking lot trying to make their way to our parking area...it's not the first car meetup i've been to and i understand there is some etiquette to follow, but to me, a shitty attitude like that should carry more weight than an incident with what may or may not have happened with a loud exhaust....just my 2 cents....

+1 Sir...+1

Well there you go, we found out who made the false acusation of said NSXs "racing". :tongue:

Are you sure the loud exhaust wasn't this guy?

Just wanted to say it was great to see so many NSX's at my first show since moving down and to meet some of you and see that there are good things happening with the NSX group in the area. I'm building a house and shop out in the hill country right now so my plate is pretty full getting all that stuff going and my X isn't even down here since there's not a good place to keep it, but if all goes well, I'll retrieve it early summer. Regards to all and Go Green, Tony W. Roca (Brooklands "94)

Just wanted to say it was great to see so many NSX's at my first show since moving down and to meet some of you and see that there are good things happening with the NSX group in the area. I'm building a house and shop out in the hill country right now so my plate is pretty full getting all that stuff going and my X isn't even down here since there's not a good place to keep it, but if all goes well, I'll retrieve it early summer. Regards to all and Go Green, Tony W. Roca (Brooklands "94)

hey Tony, looking forward to having you come out with us on drives when you manage to get your car down here....the sooner, the better :wink:

Well there you go, we found out who made the false acusation of said NSXs "racing". :tongue:

I agree with you guys 100% that we will never be able to make everyone happy and all we can do is try to be seen in our best behavior. Thanks for everyone's understanding and BUMP for this Saturday.

Anyone going Saturday?

Anyone planning on going this weekend?

Yes, I am trying to gather up everyone else and do a NSX cruise after the event, to another members Lake House at Medina Lake. It is an awesome time and awesome place to kick back and relax. Hope you can make it. I am going to start a new thread inviting everyone.

For those going to Coffee and Rides this weekend please review the attached map. There is an event going on in the parking area and the management at the Vineyards have asked us to adjust our normal parking location and to also not park in front of the business marked on the map. Please do not park in handicapped spaces unless you have the proper permit.

parking-lot-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone going this weekend?

Planning on going - bringing a neighbor who enjoys cars as much as we all do.

Anyone going this weekend?

According to the Coffee & Rides FaceBook page there are 20+cars of various types coming from Austin. Should be a good weekend.

Back