• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

San Diego Cal Coast Dr. caravan to LA

Should be a whole bunch of us going north on the 5 to Santa Clarita. Maybe a couple of gathering points right off the 5 on the way north? :biggrin: I'll join up in South Orange County somewhere. Gil

Should be a whole bunch of us going north on the 5 to Santa Clarita. Maybe a couple of gathering points right off the 5 on the way north? :biggrin: I'll join up in South Orange County somewhere. Gil

Good idea!
This works when no one is late. We(SD folks) probably start at the Carlsbad Outlet Mall since its right off I-5 and Palomar Airport Rd and plenty of parking.

OC folks plz pick an easy exit off I-5 so we can party up.

Here is an easy way to make this work. PM each other with phone numbers and when you are 5 minutes out for the appointed exit, make a call. That way you don't have to get off the freeway and the new parties join you en route. LMR and I did this when we did the Big Bear run and it worked perfectly. Getting on and off the freeway multiple times on a long run can really slow down the whole group. If someone is late it holds up the whole group.

We'll probably be hooking up with the north OC contingent somewhere around the OC/LA county line anyway. Let me know your thoughts and if this sounds good, I'll be stationed at the Estrella exit in north San Clemente.

Here is an easy way to make this work. PM each other with phone numbers and when you are 5 minutes out for the appointed exit, make a call. That way you don't have to get off the freeway and the new parties join you en route. LMR and I did this when we did the Big Bear run and it worked perfectly. Getting on and off the freeway multiple times on a long run can really slow down the whole group. If someone is late it holds up the whole group.

We'll probably be hooking up with the north OC contingent somewhere around the OC/LA county line anyway. Let me know your thoughts and if this sounds good, I'll be stationed at the Estrella exit in north San Clemente.

Estrella exit sounds good. let me group the SD folks 1st.

I won't be going on the canyon drive this weekend. My car is out of commission for the next 2 weeks or so.

Carlsbad Outlet Mall sounds good. There is a starbucks on the southwest corner of the lot. What time?

I am still waiting to hear from the OC folks where to meet. It just gonna be me and you as other SD folks are staying up in LA/OC Sat. nite. so they don't have to get up so early. Last yr was a long drive to LA and this yr is even further.

plz bring your cell and call JC (cell# 949-374-9411) when we are 5 min. away on I-5 from the exit we suppose to meet all other OC folks.

I will confirm but most likely we will meet at the outlet mall no later than 4:30am:eek:.......but its worth it, we had a lot of fun and it was a great drive.

Tim

I am still waiting to hear from the OC folks where to meet. It just gonna be me and you as other SD folks are staying up in LA/OC Sat. nite. so they don't have to get up so early. Last yr was a long drive to LA and this yr is even further.

plz bring your cell and call JC (cell# 949-374-9411) when we are 5 min. away on I-5 from the exit we suppose to meet all other OC folks.

I will confirm but most likely we will meet at the outlet mall no later than 4:30am:eek:.......but its worth it, we had a lot of fun and it was a great drive.

Tim
I can't speak for ALL the OC drivers but I'll join in anywhere north of Lake Forest. If we met somewhere in Irvine we could collect all the central and south OC people, just a thought :confused:

Here is the latest. When the SD folks get to mid San Clemente, they are going to call me and I'll join them en route. Going up the 5, I will call a couple of other Primer's who are going to join us (en route) at Crown Valley (Mission Viejo). We will then proceed up the 405 where we will hook up with LMR and his group at 6AM in Fountain Valley at the Claim Jumper on Brookhurst just west of the freeway. We will then go in caravan up the 405 which hooks back up to the 5.

Where would you like to join in?

Here is the latest. When the SD folks get to mid San Clemente, they are going to call me and I'll join them en route. Going up the 5, I will call a couple of other Primer's who are going to join us (en route) at Crown Valley (Mission Viejo). We will then proceed up the 405 where we will hook up with LMR and his group at 6AM in Fountain Valley at the Claim Jumper on Brookhurst just west of the freeway. We will then go in caravan up the 405 which hooks back up to the 5.

Thanks, if I do I'll come up to "Lesville" and meet you all there. Looking at the map it's 92 miles from Trabuco to where were going to meet; taking I-5 which is by far the most direct route is still scheduled for 1 hour and 47 minutes. Not sure I want to take any additional side trips not required.

Anyone else going up the 5 from South OC? :confused:

I have been promised this will be a great ride, the weather sounds like it will also cooperate.

Let's Roll!! :cool:

Carlsbad Outlet Mall sounds good. There is a starbucks on the southwest corner of the lot. What time?

tb, I'll see you at Starbucks no later than 4:30am. I use Skype so plz bring your cell so you can call JC when we approach Estrella exit.(around 5am) This should put us at Santa Clarita around 7am and hopefully we still have time to eat breakfast.:smile:
Plz confirm this msg.

OC folks: I think we should all stay on I-5 since its the most direct route.

Last edited:

No need to get off the freeway just for me.:biggrin: Call me as you are coming up on Brookhurst and we'll join the group on the run. We can be ready earlier if you guys think you'll be at Brookhurst before 6:00. Just let me know.

I agree the 5 is more direct but the 405 will only add a few miles to the drive and you never know what can happen on the 5 as you go through LA, no matter what time of the day:wink: <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I'm with LMR on the 405 being the safer route.

Les, i'll call you as we get close and you can join us on the freeway. Sorry I missed your call last night.

Thanks, if I do I'll come up to "Lesville" and meet you all there. Looking at the map it's 92 miles from Trabuco to where were going to meet; taking I-5 which is by far the most direct route is still scheduled for 1 hour and 47 minutes. Not sure I want to take any additional side trips not required.

Anyone else going up the 5 from South OC? :confused:

I have been promised this will be a great ride, the weather sounds like it will also cooperate.

Let's Roll!! :cool:
I'll be coming up I-5 via SR55.

Fury and CoolNSX - you are more than welcome to join our little parade. It's not that far out of your route. I'm guessing we'll be at the El Toro Y at about 5:30, The 405/55 at 5:45 and passing by 405/Brookhurst a little before 6AM.

I've spent plenty of time on the 405 and the 5 in LA. The 405, while taking a little bit longer has more lanes, is not the truck route and does not bog down. Both the 5 & 405 merge just south of our destination. We're all good.

Fury and CoolNSX - you are more than welcome to join our little parade. It's not that far out of your route. I'm guessing we'll be at the El Toro Y at about 5:30, The 405/55 at 5:45 and passing by 405/Brookhurst a little before 6AM.

I've spent plenty of time on the 405 and the 5 in LA. The 405, while taking a little bit longer has more lanes, is not the truck route and does not bog down. Both the 5 & 405 merge just south of our destination. We're all good.

At that time of the morning on a Sunday I don't think any of us will have traffic issues getting to the event. Coming home :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'll be rolling with Les and company... see ya'll in the AM

Coming from the Forum last night, took the 405 north. It was already past midnight and still encountered traffic around the Getty due to construction and a little bit of fog. Just FYI.

See you guys there and be safe.

Perry

Looks like it will take almost two (2) hours from San Clemente. Don't be late or you'll miss the NSX caravan.See you all in a couple of hours. Sleep quick. Roll safe.

tb, I'll see you at Starbucks no later than 4:30am. I use Skype so plz bring your cell so you can call JC when we approach Estrella exit.(around 5am) This should put us at Santa Clarita around 7am and hopefully we still have time to eat breakfast.:smile:
Plz confirm this msg.

See you at 4:25 to 4:30.

Hey All,

I'm gonna head up the 5 fwy about 6am and hopefully bump into some of you when you reconnect from the 405. I don't want to hold anyone up and I don't think it'll be bad that early. C u guys at the launch point.

Back