• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

San Diego homes

I'm looking for potential houses or condos in the San Diego area, near Coronado. Does anyone have recommendations? Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm not very familiar with the San Diego area and looking for houses or condos around a 15 mile radius north or east from Coronado. I don't mind less affluent areas as long as it's safe and quiet. What cities in San Diego would you recommend? Are there any that I should avoid?

Since you mentioned Coronado(v.nice & v.expen$ive) and ~15 mile radius, a nice area with many condos/houses puts you in the La Jolla Village/University City area where I-5/405/52 intersect. Local calls it the Golden Triangle for good reasons and its about 20min. from Coronado in minor traffic. Its safe w/ chic shopping malls, close to the freeway and fairly quiet. UCSD is next door in La Jolla and there are many nice hou$e$ there. If you stay close to the coast towards north of Coronado, you won't be disappointed. Welcome to SD. We are very spoiled here all year around.

Would you rather base your decision on commute time? 15 miles in different directions is a big difference during rush hour in San Diego. If you're commuting via a bike or alternative to a car then a criteria based on distance makes sense and rush hour traffic would matter less.

also, I believe homes in many parts of Coronado are subject to historical preservation laws. If so, you can not home improvement projects will be challenging.

SD has several different districts. Probably best to spend a weekend or two there prior

I had an apartment in La Jolla/UTC aka "Golden Triangle." It's amazingly situated with less traffic than you would expect. It is great for apartment living. For homes, where you live is obviously influenced even more by your budget.

Either way, San Diego is a slice of heaven. I miss it every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried the home hunting sites such as Trulia.com and Zillow.com? I've been using Zillow for months to search for homes on Fallbrook, CA.

What is your budget? Are you looking to rent or buy? Do you need a garage?
Are you in the Navy? As noted traffic to and from the base can be a slice of hell during the peak of rush hour (to the base).

- - - Updated - - -

UTC is nice. Mission Hills is awesome if you can afford it, and it is almost ideal for a Coronado commute. I have a friend who lives in imperial beach south and he wouldn't live anywhere else.

The market right now is about to heat up big time with summer right around the corner. It's so expensive and competitive out here. Good luck!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and suggestions. I should mention the home's not for me. My son works at the base on Coronado and rents an apartment currently. I'm looking at places for him to consider buying, possibly a small condo with a garage.

Back