• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

San Diego

Hey fellow NSXer, I'll be out in san diego march 25-29!!!! Im really excitied. I just have a few questions to ask you guys, I was wondering hows the weather out there during this time??? Whats the best seafood restaurant to eat out there??? Whats the best beach to go to??? I would greatly appreciated if you guys can help and give me advice where to go and what to do. Thanks in advance guys!!!

Eat at Joes crab shack, and Rockin baja lobster for seafood. If you want fine dining you can eat Peoe"s in coronado. Im not sure how the weather will be but im sure it will be fine. Hope you enjoy your stay here in San diego!!!

Kswift Thanks for the respond, it helps me out alot!!!! I'd rather trust people who live there to advice me wheres the best places to go than those travel books they sell..I look forward to being in san diego and hopefully I'll be able to see some of you guys drive your car round!!!!!

my1stnsx said:
Hey fellow NSXer, I'll be out in san diego march 25-29!!!! Im really excitied. I just have a few questions to ask you guys, I was wondering hows the weather out there during this time??? Whats the best seafood restaurant to eat out there??? Whats the best beach to go to??? I would greatly appreciated if you guys can help and give me advice where to go and what to do. Thanks in advance guys!!!
Based on the time you'll be coming out, I doubt many locals will be out working on their tan. What are you looking for in a beach? Hot babes? Relaxing time? If it's the latter, Coronado Beach may be what you're looking for. According to the Coronado Visitors Bureau, "Coronado Beach was recently voted the number two beach in America and the number one family beach by the Travel Channel."

Hope that helps.

-Randy

Randy, Thanks for letting me know about coronado beach, I been hearing alot of good things about it. It really helps that someone confirm it's a fun place to go. I just want to go and relax during the day and maybe go out at night. I would love to check out the night life there but don't know what clubs to go to??? Any suggestions?? Thanks for the help, Thuan

my1stnsx said:
Randy, Thanks for letting me know about coronado beach, I been hearing alot of good things about it. It really helps that someone confirm it's a fun place to go. I just want to go and relax during the day and maybe go out at night. I would love to check out the night life there but don't know what clubs to go to??? Any suggestions?? Thanks for the help, Thuan
The Downtown/Gaslamp area might be best for you. What type of music/crowd/scene/age group are you looking for?

NsXMas said:
If you have a chance go check out Mexico as well, I guarantee it will be a lot of fun. :)

I would love to go to mexico but my girlfriend doesnt want to but thanks for the suggestion!!!!

FuryNSX said:
The Downtown/Gaslamp area might be best for you. What type of music/crowd/scene/age group are you looking for?

I would love to go to a hip hop or techno club, 21 and older club would be great. Thanks for taking out the time and responding to me, it means alot how this NSX community is their for one another.

The reason why I'm out here because my girlfriend just turn 21 and she always wanted to go to san diego and check things out here. We plan on moving out here one day so hopefully in the future I'll be able to meet some of you guys.

Welcome to SoCal, hope the rain is not on your parade, great place to live, bring lots of $$$$$, if your buying a house you'll need it. Housing here is over the top. Enjoy!

my1stnsx said:
I would love to go to a hip hop or techno club, 21 and older club would be great. Thanks for taking out the time and responding to me, it means alot how this NSX community is their for one another.

Nightlife - Get to all of these places before 10pm or you will wait in line if you are not ont the "list". Dress codes apply!
Downtown - $20+ covers at all clubs
On Broadway (5 dance floors) is the "super club" of San Diego.
Stingaree (1 dance floor, 3 levels) and Belo (3-4 dance floors) are the newest clubs
For lounges, hit up J Bar, The W, Airport Lounge, Confidential, or Thin. These either have no cover or around $10.

Pacific Beach
Tower 23/Jrdn is a new "downtown" style lounge on the beach.
Moondoggies has a college crowd on Thursday nights but get there before 9:30 or you will wait in line for HOURS. $5 cover, $2 u call its for everything except top, top shelf.

Beaches
Partying - Mission Beach, Pacific Beach
Walking - Coronado
Chilling - any beach from La Jolla north to Carlsbad. Just drive up the coast road.

Seafood
Pacifica in Del Mar is amazing. And if you get there for sunset you can sit out on the glass balcony over looking the water.

Another great place is the Marine Room in La Jolla. It's right on the water at La Jolla Shores.

You can check out reviews of most of these places at

http://entertainment.signonsandiego.com/

or

www.944.com/sandiego/

Have a great trip. And if you see a yellow NSX...it's probably me! :biggrin:

PS. Do you go to CU or CSU by chance? Just wondering.

surferX said:
Nightlife - Get to all of these places before 10pm or you will wait in line if you are not ont the "list". Dress codes apply!
Downtown - $20+ covers at all clubs
On Broadway (5 dance floors) is the "super club" of San Diego.
Stingaree (1 dance floor, 3 levels) and Belo (3-4 dance floors) are the newest clubs
For lounges, hit up J Bar, The W, Airport Lounge, Confidential, or Thin. These either have no cover or around $10.

Pacific Beach
Tower 23/Jrdn is a new "downtown" style lounge on the beach.
Moondoggies has a college crowd on Thursday nights but get there before 9:30 or you will wait in line for HOURS. $5 cover, $2 u call its for everything except top, top shelf.

Beaches
Partying - Mission Beach, Pacific Beach
Walking - Coronado
Chilling - any beach from La Jolla north to Carlsbad. Just drive up the coast road.

Seafood
Pacifica in Del Mar is amazing. And if you get there for sunset you can sit out on the glass balcony over looking the water.

Another great place is the Marine Room in La Jolla. It's right on the water at La Jolla Shores.

You can check out reviews of most of these places at

http://entertainment.signonsandiego.com/

or

www.944.com/sandiego/

Have a great trip. And if you see a yellow NSX...it's probably me! :biggrin:

PS. Do you go to CU or CSU by chance? Just wondering.

SuferX,
Thanks for all the great information, Im really really thankful for the help, I really appreciated. Hopefully I'll see you drive away and I'll wave and say hi to you. I dont go to school but my girlfriend does go to CU boulder.

Last edited:
welcome to San Diego!!!

If you want to check out some nice winery tours come check out Temecula, just up the road from SD:biggrin:

are you driving the NSX here???

If so, you'll have to do a Palomar run with us:smile:

91x,
Thanks for the warm welcome, I wish I was driving the NSX there but instead I'm flying, but thanks for the information on the winery tour. My girlfriend would love that tour. In a few years I'll be there shortly so hopefully I'll be able to do runs with you guys.

Back