• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Santa Cruz?

Hi Folks,

Listen, SORRY to keep pestering you........but my NSX and I REALLY want to move out to Cal.! Another opportunity has opened up in Santa Cruz. Any input towards the area will be appreciated.....quality of schools, real estate values, etc. I already KNOW that the NSX Club sector is AWESOME!

Thanks guys-

Neville

NSXNEV said:
Hi Folks,

Listen, SORRY to keep pestering you........but my NSX and I REALLY want to move out to Cal.! Another opportunity has opened up in Santa Cruz. Any input towards the area will be appreciated.....quality of schools, real estate values, etc. I already KNOW that the NSX Club sector is AWESOME!

Thanks guys-

Neville
Don't worry about it! Just come over and you will be glad. Be ready to get a big sticker shock with the real estates though.
Steve

Hi Folks,

Listen, SORRY to keep pestering you........but my NSX and I REALLY want to move out to Cal.!
so, move already!

Another opportunity has opened up in Santa Cruz.
congrats...

Any input towards the area will be appreciated.....quality of schools, real estate values, etc.
although i've visited santa cruz **many** (hundreds) of times over the last 35 years, i've never lived there.

santa cruz:

*bills itself as "surf city"
*has some of the best surfing on the planet
*has great beach babes/dudes <if you're into guys ;>
*has good halibut and salmon
*hosts "woodies on the wharf" every year - among the best car gigs ever
*has wonderful ethnic foods
*has a good university - their mascot is a banana slug
*has several great clubs for live music
*likely has a higher liberal per-capita rate than hollywood ;)
*real estate prices are accelerating quickly
* probably many, many, more things than we'd have time/space to list.

in sum, it **seems** like a pretty cool place to live, but i'm just a visitor (i'm from "over the hill" in campbell/silicon valley (their locals may sneer at us :)

were it me, i'd take a week's vacation, catch a plane and "hang" for a week (after scoping out the city happenings online, naturally). if you like it after a week, it may work; if not, you've done your homework and visited another locale.

good luck.
hal

Well umm I'm a Real Estate Broker in Santa Cruz....as for quality, well I plan to die here (no, not soon I hope :biggrin: ) and as for quality of your investment, well I bought my nsx with some real estate profits, Not selling it , OWNING it!!! :biggrin:
Email me or give me a call 831-239-3113 anytime...I'd be glad to answer any questions about the area or even in the "valley".

Santa Cruz is a great place to live, as long as one is not too conservative. It's one (of many) liberal bastions in California, with many of the city council members devout Communists.

That said, I went to school at UC Santa Cruz, and lived there for a time after graduating. It's a great place to live, great climate, great coffeeshops, great culture. Just a little "earthy", if you know what I mean.

I'd love for an opportunity to move back there. I really enjoy the time I spend in Santa Cruz.

Question for Eric C.: why is the beach flats still a hell-hole? I thought for sure by now they would've razed the lot and built townhouses and yuppified it. I see there is some new apartments there, but on my last walk through the area I still had to dodge drug pushers and run from a fight that spontaneously broke out in the street.

Back