• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Satelite Radio

XM or SIRIUS?

I am very close to moving to satellite radio. I'm in the LA/OC area and was wondering about reception. I'm leaning towards Sirius because I can get lifetime subscription for $499. Any comments are appreciated.

hardwire ...

woody..got the XM for the house and wanna put it in the X.. will the Blitzsafe plug right in to the stock head(93NSX) or when you say "hardwire" do you mean cutting and splicing. inquiring minds want to know..not being a audio whiz..thanks.

it plugged right in to the back of the OEM head unit and provides 2 female RCA jacks to plug into. If you are in there anyways, I would put an RCA pigtail splitter to allow hooking in an MP3 player through the same input. The head unit reads AUX when you switch it to the auxillary input jack.

xm for me

thanks...BTW my radio has an AUX function??? i'm learning something new everyday. also i have the Delphi sky-fi...i asume this will work with that once i have the car kit....correct??thanks again for your help on this. i'm sick of commercial radio and listen to XM all day at work..FRED is the station!

Super XM Deal

Here is a link to a super deal on XM Roady Radio ,wireless adapter,activation and 3 months service for less than $80.00 bucks! You must use the code I have supplied. I have no affilation with XM just love the radio! Copy and paste to address bar.

https://xmradio.metrononline.com/xmpromotion/accesslogin.aspx

new code is xmdphxm04

I have been considering going to Satilite radio for my choice of music isn't played on american radio station much (if ever). I need to know if its worth the conversion in my case.....

Does anyone here who has XM radio listen to House / Trance / European Dance music ?? If so, how good are the tracks/songs on their stations and how much selection of each (how many station dedicated to this type of music) ?? Thanks !

I cant speak for XM hear but i know sirius has a few different stations w/ some good trance/dance stuff. Theres even one that has constant 1 hour blocks of guest dj's running a nonstop mix.
If you wanna check it out you can listen to the stream over the internet sirius
just click the "listen" link @ the top

xm plug in?

woody,(or anyone) you must have something different. i have a 93 with OEM radio. just got the car kit and hooked it up to check it out. right now i'm using the cassette feeder. i have the Ski-fi home system . the antenna is in the corner of the windsheild . drove around here (So.Cal) for an hour and never lost the signal. now....how can i clean this mess up? the adapter (blitzsafe) is not available for the NSX and i don't think my radio has addditional inputs. their website shows a blank fo the X and it starts at '94. any help would be great as i'd love to hardwire this thing in so i can go from home to car.the power and antenna are no prob..just the audio hook-up ..any ideas???? thanks in advance

the blitzsafe DOES work, it gives a very clear connection which rivals the cd player. you can get it with cd and aux rca or just rca. the ad does not clearly state which cars it works on. search "figured out mp3" for more info

blitzsafe??

i believe it works, just not sure where this AUX is on the radio...there does not seem to be ant button to access it. i haven't pulled the radio out yet but i don't see how this will go on my '93....is the '94+ model slightly different?

there isnt an "aux" button on your radio, the system is set up so you hit cd or another button and aux shows up on the screen. its been a long time since I've had my car and I dont remember which buttons switch it to aux

AUX BUTTONS

your mind has been clouded by Superdawg hotdogs and White Castle burgers.... it's the only reason i miss Chi-town after living there for 30 years..thanks for the skinny..i'll pull the radio and check for input places

vespabob said:
it's the only reason i miss Chi-town after living there for 30 years..
Sounds like you haven't paid for your vehicle registration or your state income taxes yet... ;)

ooops!

you got that right...living in Santa Barbara is a liitle more thean the northside of Chi. but......i'll call you in about 6 months and we'll compare our weather:D enjoy summer while you can. but if you send me a Superdawg and a woopercheesie ,i'll let you come visit....

Delphi XM Roady

Where are you guys mounting the main display unit?

What is the difference between the Roady and Roady 2?

Thanks.

Re: Delphi XM Roady

CerberusM5 said:
Where are you guys mounting the main display unit?
I'm leaving mine loose because I'm moving it among three different cars.

CerberusM5 said:
What is the difference between the Roady and Roady 2?
mikec just posted that the Roady 2 has a built-in FM modulator, rather than an external one.

Mount and input

Anyone else mount the Roady 2? There is the removable tuner portion which sits in a cradle (so you can take the tuner to your home or other car). Has anyone mounted the cradle in their X? Did you mount it into the side of the console? Into the carpet beneath it on the passenger side? Any good ideas about where to mount this cradle?

Also- what's the final word here: can the Blitzsafe HON/Aux v.1 connect XM directly into head unit? I have a 91- can anyone confirm whether this is a means of getting direct in? Does a 91 radio have a data port?

I have XM from my other car where it is wired in directly into a Sony head unit and it sounds great. Can't live without the reggae and comedy in the NSX.

Thanks for any help!

i got and and will install next week. i assume the piracy issues are with the program that will record anything that passes through your sound card ie: all the digital songs on XM!

Back