• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sato passes Alonso(Canadian GP)

ak

Legendary Member
Holy $h%T that was AWESOME! This year's Canadian GP was overall the most exciting race in recent years(to me). Oh yeah, and that Hamilton guy can drive ok. :p

I couldn't believe it! And the pass was well executed!

One of the best races I've seen. Really hoped Rubeno was on a 1 stop strategy but, alas, disappointment again.

Congrats to Hami!

I believe Alonso had a major problem like tires or whatever.

If so, his tire issues likely stemmed from his 3 or 4 offs at T1.

Should Sato be able to maintain his performances this year, he would come from an awful race driver to a very good one.

Was Sato ever an awful race-driver? :confused: Not in his last 3-4 years. :wink:

Alonso kept on pushing and beating the shit out of his tires, resulting in several fastest laps which may hurt his tires. Ok, maybe he damaged his car with his 3-4 offs.

Was Sato ever an awful race-driver? :confused: Not in his last 3-4 years. :wink:

Awful in comparision to the other F1 drivers, yes, indeed. There's a reason why he was dropped by Honda F1 (BAR at the time) in 2006. Which is just last year. ;)

Woohoo!!!

Is there a replay scheduled? Of course the first race of the season that I miss is the best race my man Sato has ever driven. :rolleyes:

Lewis Hamilton wins his first podium finish in 1st place!! On a track that he has never been to before

Sato of Super Aguri PAST Alonso for a 6th place finish!!

This was a great race, Hope everyone had a chance to see. I hope Kubica is okay after that horrible crash

1 2 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 70 Winner 1 10

2 9 Nick Heidfeld BMW 70 +4.3 secs 3 8

3 17 Alexander Wurz Williams-Toyota 70 +5.3 secs 19 6

4 4 Heikki Kovalainen Renault 70 +6.7 secs 22 5

5 6 Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 70 +13.0 secs 4 4

6 22 Takuma Sato Super Aguri-Honda 70 +16.6 secs 11 3

7 1 Fernando Alonso McLaren-Mercedes 70 +21.9 secs 2 2

8 11 Ralf Schumacher Toyota 70 +22.8 secs 18 1

9 15 Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 70 +22.9 secs 6

Does anyone know why Massa and someone else, I don't remember, got Black Flagged?!?! My buddy called and I missed the reason.

Woohoo!!! Is there a replay scheduled? Of course the first race of the season that I miss is the best race my man Sato has ever driven. :rolleyes:

This was easily the best race of the season. And good news, Speed will be rebroadcasting the race on Wednesday night. ;)

I've liked Sato's courage and bravery but in 2005 it changed from giant brass nuts to "what was he thinking" crashes. It wasn't that he just crashed a lot, he crashed into others as well. From Jordan to BAR, he's started more than his fair share of crashes.

Kubica got just a sprained ankle - which is a major miracle.

Massa and Fizzy Cola rec'd a black flag b/c they left the pit lane while under red.

Kubica got just a sprained ankle - which is a major miracle.

Massa and Fizzy Cola rec'd a black flag b/c they left the pit lane while under red.

I'm glad Kubi is okay:smile:

I saw that the light was red when Massa left the pits...Forgive me, but what does that mean? That they have to stop at the end of the pit until the light is green? Why was it red to begin with?

I'm glad Kubi is okay:smile:

No kidding. That was crash was one of the worst I've seen. Maybe Rubeno's crash in '94.

I saw that the light was red when Massa left the pits...Forgive me, but what does that mean? That they have to stop at the end of the pit until the light is green? Why was it red to begin with?

The exit light is only red for the short periods of time when the safety car & queue is in the vicinity of the exit.

Here's the video of Taku's pass on Alonso on Japanese television:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u7DXsbPucxM

Gotta love the pumped up Japanese broadcasters! :biggrin:

The two fans in the Super Aguri rice hats were funny too, hehe...

OH MAN, the Japanese broadcast makes the race that much more exciting:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

SATOOOOOOOO!!!!:eek:

Yes the two Aguri fans in the Hats were priceless:biggrin:

That was great. Sato with his one year old Honda chassis beat the world champion. By almost four seconds.

Too bad the factory team couldn't do much. Lots of heads are going to roll at the Tokyo head quarter.

Sato has a lot of potential, I hope he get a better ride in the future. He has mature so much that he could be a world champion contender if getting into the right car. He has demonstrated in 04 that he has the speed but not the maturity, and now he possessed both

Awful in comparision to the other F1 drivers, yes, indeed
Yeah, it has been true, and Alonzo was walking wounded and it was a topsy tervy day. But hey, it looks like Sato is changing for the better (knock wood) and that was a great looking pass. And he took advantage of Kimi's mistake as well. Even I'll have a sip of the Sato koolaid after that one !!!

Here's the video of Taku's pass on Alonso on Japanese television:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u7DXsbPucxM

Gotta love the pumped up Japanese broadcasters! :biggrin:

The two fans in the Super Aguri rice hats were funny too, hehe...

If you have haven't seen "Ninja Worriors" on G4, check it out; those commentators make the F1 guys sound weak...lol It is a great show!!!

I just read that on another forum and I nearly jumped for joy. Thanks for the notice, though. :)

I can't wait to see it for myself.

Fox wasn't as bad as last year's broadcaster which was CBS I think? Since they were using the same speed commentators... but it sucks that they did not do any pre-race or post-race show. It just seemed incomplete without the post race comments and recaps.

Totally agree. I'm sure the Speed Channel rebroadcast will have the pre and post race.

In other news:
"Briton Anthony Davidson blamed a collision with a beaver for costing him a possible first Formula One points finish in Sunday's Canadian Grand Prix.

The Super Aguri driver hit the animal while in third place behind the safety car at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.

He finished 11th after making an unscheduled pitstop to replace a damaged front wing.

"It's such a shame about the beaver," Davidson said in a team review of the race. "It had it in for me for sure.'"

I wonder how many men have said those same exact words. :p

And Ant wasn't the only guy getting close to a beaver:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ThAGGM8vTmk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ThAGGM8vTmk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Re: Too bizarre.

a collision with a beaver
Well, it looks like a groundhog to me, but it does make this G.P. the most memorable & entertaining in recent history.

That explains why his crew was caught totally unawares when he showed up in pitlane; an equally bizarre sight.

If you have haven't seen "Ninja Worriors" on G4, check it out; those commentators make the F1 guys sound weak...lol It is a great show!!!

WHAT:eek: I Love Ninja Warrior!!! Everytime I watch it I feel the need to go out and hit the gym. Now they are showing Women Ninja Warrior, everytime I watch that I feel another need......Speaking of beavers:tongue:

Fox wasn't as bad as last year's broadcaster which was CBS I think? Since they were using the same speed commentators... but it sucks that they did not do any pre-race or post-race show. It just seemed incomplete without the post race comments and recaps.

I agree, hopefully the rebroadcast will show it all. I felt like I was just thrown into the race on Fox. I'm sure in Nascar there's a pre-pre race and a post post, okay enough already, post race.

I completely missed the race (flying home from a Vegas stag party). You guys say Speed is re-brodcasting the race on Wed night? The website says 12:30 pm. Just after lunch, right? Not midnight?
Jesse

I completely missed the race (flying home from a Vegas stag party). You guys say Speed is re-brodcasting the race on Wed night? The website says 12:30 pm. Just after lunch, right? Not midnight?
Jesse

Here in the Left Coast the re-broadcast is @ 9:30am Wed. June 13.

So yes, you are correct.

I'm PISSED!!! My Tivo chose not to record it because it was on Fox and not Speed. 1st I missed Button's win last year, and now this!? I want to pull an Elvis and shoot the TV.

Back