• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Save the date: Laguna Seca and Spring Mtn (Las Vegas) track days

Here is the new Speedventures calendar. I will be going to several of the local So Cal tracks randomly such as Willow Springs, Buttonwillow, Chuckwalla, Auto Club Speedway. However, I wanted to give everyone a heads up on their epic annual Laguna Seca and Spring Mtn events. These are the only two tracks where wives and girlfriends are generally happy to attend. Laguna Seca track is beautiful and we stay overnight in nearby Carmel which is a wonderful place. The NSX is very fast at Laguna Seca. Spring Mt is a super fun track. It is huge, fast, safe and easy to drive. Some people choose to stay the night in local Pahrump because it is close and inexpensive. However, I generally stay about 45 minutes away in Vegas and make a mini vacation out of it with my wife and friends. These events generally sell out so sign up early if you are interested. They are both worth the long trek.

http://www.speedventures.com/events/Default.aspx

-Spring Mt: May 17-18
-Laguna Seca: July 18-20
-I'm probably going to Sonoma as well: May 30-June 1

The LA BMW club is having a track weekend Dec 28 at Spring Mouintain. Two or more NSX,s will be there.

The price for rooms can be less in Las Vegas than near the track and the drive time from LV is about 45 to 60 minutes.

Lance

NICE! i just bought my new tow rig for these very reasons. totally excited. im getting the car sorted out on my week off over Christmas.

Yeah 9k towing capacity v8 limited 4th gen 4runner. I put the DVD player and Nav now i'm waiting on the roof rack and ladder and tool box. I've been looking at trailers too but renting makes more sense if I can find a decent aluminum one.

9k wow. I've got a V6 supercharged but i'm not sure if it'll handle ~5000lbs (NSX + Trailer). I might run out of power and brakes going up and down the grapevine.

20268_223170891587_4212503_n.jpg

Shit.. I guess the Tundra brakes is a popular cheap upgrade. I hate how before NSX ownership I would have this was too expensive. Now it seems like a bargain!!
http://www.lceperformance.com/Big-Brake-Upgrade-Kit-Tacoma-1995-2004-6-Lug-p/1055203.htm

- - - Updated - - -

I got my trailer for sale. Pm for details. You might have seen it at willow springs last time I saw you
Problem for me is i've got no room to store a trailer. I might rent this from you if you don't end up going. How much does it weigh?

Yeah you can do the tundra brakes but you'll also need to run 17inch wheels for those. I up graded my pads got a tow leveler and am going to upgrade the tranny cooler with a core that I bought for the NSX and never used. thats the other thing with a trailer, you need somewhere to put it. I've put the call out to all my friends too see if theres any free shop space anywhere that i can keep it, nothing yet so far.

Good to hear!

- - - Updated - - -

Up until two years ago when I bought my trailer (for the sole purpose of Laguna Seca and Infineon trips), I used to rent U-Haul trailers. They are heavy, and need some tweaks to fit the front lip of the NSX. Call me if you go this route and I'll explain how to make them work.

Back