• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Say a prayer for Vinny

To all of Mary and Vinny's friends...

Todd and I have decided to set up a fund to help the Hollar family defray the unexpected costs of Rob's funeral. The average funeral costs of $10,000 and Christmas is tomorrow. Given the short time period between now and the funeral this Thursday the only way to complete this and present a check to the family is to have funds Paypal'd to my account.

For anyone who would like to contribute, please Paypal $$ to...

[email protected]

I'll absorb the Paypal transaction costs so your total contribution will go to the family.

Put "Hollar contribution" in the subject header. Please indicate exactly how you would like you (or your family's) name printed on the card.

The wording header will read....

From all your friends in the NSX community.....

I am hoping we can raise $1000 (50 people contributing $20 apiece). I will update this thread as contributions are received.

Wei-Shen

UPDATE: As of 12/26 at 9am EST, we have raised $860

Last edited:
This is truly tragic. I pray that the Hollar family find their strength and faith through this dark time. They are in our thoughts and prayers this season.

PayPal sent

I really dont know what to even say, this is so horrible. Your family will be in my families thoughts and prayers. Just terrible.:frown:

I never knew him but my thoughts are with the family tonight.
so terribly sorry.

HE IS ON AN OPEN HIGHWAY SOMEWHERE MORE PEACEFUL, AND BEAUTIFUL, ENJOYING THE SUNSHINE AND NOT A SPEED LIMIT IN SIGHT!

We would like to send our condolences to the Hollar Family. We got to know Rob at his dad's shop. He is one of the nicest guys you could meet. We are so glad we had the opportunity to meet and get to know such a kind hearted man. He will be deeply missed by his friends and his family. We pray for his family to find peace during this very difficult time.
With Love,
Todd and Debbie Beaty
PS. We love little slick too (his little Rat Terrier). We are glad to hear that she is doing well.
pay-pal sent

This should be taken by lot of us as a warning I hope alot will change thier driving habbits INCLUDING ME.. I would hate to see this happen to anyone and I know I also do a lot to contribute to this type of senseless sh!t with street racing. (alot of you do too ) But I will not anymore, for real, it sucks to see This family have to put up with this because people like me and you want to just have some fun. I had alot of close calls with my life I think its time to grow up and take responsibility of our own actions and respect our selves, so we can respect others.
God Bless Hollar Family and give them strenght in thier time of need

Paypal Sent.

Sonny

I dont have Paypal, and would like to help...PM Me with details or post it so others can help as well.

I met Vinny briefly last year at XPO in Orlando(06). Seemed like a great person. VERY sorry to hear of this tragic event that he and his family are having to endure.:frown:
I too hope that those that condone 'innocent' street racing will be moved by this and refrain from doing it more.
paypal coming shortly.

C'mon folks,Lets keep it going, I think we raised over 2000$ once for someone to afford to repaint a vandalized nsx.

Back