• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Saying hello; Just bought a Bring a Trailer NA2

Hi everyone,

I ended up being very pleasantly surprised to be the highest bidder on this auction:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1997-acura-nsx-12/

(I think it's funny when people say they've "won" an auction; they could also have "won" by paying too much for a moneypit.)

I'm around 50 and have wanted one ever since I drove an early example in the '90s. This Kaiser Grey, NA2 spec was absolutely perfect for me.

And I got it for a whole less lot than I was willing to go!

I look forward to being a part of this community and driving my new NSX. Well, new to me!

Matt

Attachments

• 1997_acura_nsx_1592161377f66e7dff9f98764da1997_acura_nsx_159216137708495d565ec1613c5a-17b8-444b-.jpg
    1997_acura_nsx_1592161377f66e7dff9f98764da1997_acura_nsx_159216137708495d565ec1613c5a-17b8-444b-.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 521
  • 1997_acura_nsx_159215914165ef66e7dff9f98761997_acura_nsx_1592159140d208495d4489ba06-49a7-4e52-9e.jpg
    1997_acura_nsx_159215914165ef66e7dff9f98761997_acura_nsx_1592159140d208495d4489ba06-49a7-4e52-9e.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 588
very Nice....there are some Pittsburgh owners...Many happy miles!

Beautiful example. Congratulations on your new purchase.
It's always rewarding reaching a goal.

Are you going to rotate the shifter knob? haha. I saw the many comments on BaT about that.

Enjoy!

Another Kaiser Silver owner here, and very close to you, too! I’m in Cleveland. So...including the other two Kaiser owners here in Cleveland, that makes four Kaisers in a very small area. Congrats and welcome!

There’s a group of Pittsburgh owners here, who will find you soon enough. If you do FB, the Pittsburgh owners have a group that you can join. I just posted on the PGH FB group so hopefully they will post here...

Welcome again!

Last edited:
I didn't want anyone to know but the previous owner of the car lives about 5 minutes from me so when he wasn't looking I did a squat on the stick shift then a quick 180! LOL J/K
Hi Matt! I've been in here since 2003 and I'm definitely not as well behaved as I must be on BaT. Welcome to Prime. Whenever you have a question, you have a virtually inexhaustible group of very knowledgeable friends who will always be here to help you. If you ever have a brain fart and decide to sell that thing, I claim first right of refusal! LOL

Congrats. Great buy.

I live in Delray and have seen that car a few times. I don’t think I ever meet the owner though. Car always looked pristine.

Enjoy it an welcome to one of the best car communities around. NSX Primers are a great group of people , and there is a wealth of information about the car on this site.

Cheers.

Hugh can rock a tutu...:eek:

Thanks, everybody.

The shifter will indeed get reversed. Not, however by @Hugh ‘s method!

:)

Matt

I know a few furloughed strippers who could definitely give that knob a twirl with their cleavages or other anatomical areas (depending on the tip)! LOL In any case, are you going to have the car shipped or are you going to come down and drive her home? If the latter we can definitely meet up for a bite to eat if you'd like. Also look into the Auto Train to knock about 900 miles off your drive. It's transported my NSX many times with no issues. They are exotic car friendly and the "Roomettes" make for a very good night's sleep.

I know a few furloughed strippers who could definitely give that knob a twirl with their cleavages or other anatomical areas (depending on the tip)! LOL In any case, are you going to have the car shipped or are you going to come down and drive her home? If the latter we can definitely meet up for a bite to eat if you'd like. Also look into the Auto Train to knock about 900 miles off your drive. It's transported my NSX many times with no issues. They are exotic car friendly and the "Roomettes" make for a very good night's sleep.
Τhank you for the offer. I’ve done the Auto Train a few times.

In this world of COVID, I’m going to have it shipped. A good enclosed Passport service isn’t a lot more than what I would pay for a flight to Florida, gas, food and a night or two hotel stay.

But driving it home would be the best way to get acquainted. I bought a Porsche 993 C4S in 2008 in Indianapolis and drove that car home. It was great!

Although I do live in the northern tip of the Appalachian Mountains, where the best driving roads in the world are. We should have some fun and cover some miles!

Matt

Congrats Smiles!

Enjoy it on all those hilly/curvy Pittsburgh area roads :biggrin:

Thanks to everyone.

Car transport is so slow.... The car will be picked up this week and delivered next week.

That’s also because the seller and I went through all the correct steps: do you actually have the title? OK, then I’ll wire money. Once you receive the wire, send the title and a bill of sale. Once I get that, and legally own the car, I’ll get insurance and then arrange for transportation.

I can’t wait!

Matt

Thanks to everyone.

Car transport is so slow.... The car will be picked up this week and delivered next week.

That’s also because the seller and I went through all the correct steps: do you actually have the title? OK, then I’ll wire money. Once you receive the wire, send the title and a bill of sale. Once I get that, and legally own the car, I’ll get insurance and then arrange for transportation.

I can’t wait!

Matt

A few of us went through the exact thing. It does take awhile, but you are doing all the right steps. It's best to make sure to dot all the i's and cross all the t's. It's a serious transaction and both parties want to be safe.

Don't worry. It will be worth it in the end when the car arrives. It will feel like nsx-mas...I mean x-mas. (sorry, I'm bad at dad-jokes).

Is this the first time you transported a car?

Is this the first time you transported a car?
No. I’ve actually shipped my Pur Sang Bugatti 35B three times: once when I bought it, again back to Pur Sang after it got caught in a fire at a storage facility, and then back from Pur Sang.

There’s a really long thread about it on FerrariChat. My user name there is Smiles, which is why alum04org called me “Smiles”.

Matt

8B1DE75A-1730-4497-A223-60BF57A9369B.jpg

Last edited:
Back