• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Scalable IP Camera solution for business

NSX brothers,

I have been asked to find a scalable outdoor surveillance solution for a body shop. They would like to start out with three IP cameras and scale to approximately 12. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

What's the budget?
What are requirements of the camera? (resolution, form factor, indoor/outdoor, IR required etc)
What retention rate is required?

I can point you in the right direction...just need some more info first as there are a TON of options.

I've got a friend who is a car "nut" too and he owns a security / camera business. He sells the equipment and has partnerships with installers. While at his place of business he suggested I go with one 360 degree IP camera....the resolution was incredible and you can cover SO MUCH area with one camera. The software focuses in on motion or other triggers and adjusts the picture to look perfect on you monitor....

So, not only should you consider the cameras, but type of cameras. He also has software that logs the license plate numbers, so you could track UPS delivery etc... Lots of new functions. Let me know if you want their web address or email.

He drives both a Lambo and Maserati ....so he'll appreciate your NSX passion.
I'm sure he can fix you up or help guide you. His manager is Chris and would be a great contact too.

PS Wanted to add that folks like Costco, Hooters, US Immigration, etc., use him for their security too. http://vs-us.com/ As a really inexpensive but solid solution, Costco sells a nice IP or analog system from A-See. I use their 16 channel and can monitor my home from my Samsung or Ipad or other tools. Quick solid and inexpensive and scalable.

ACCD

Last edited:
This company has been around a long time.

http://www.iqeye.com/

One of the key questions to answer is where do you want to store your video footage?
on-site? off-site?

Back